Fringe

One

One

Soldato
This is great news! I have to say I'm slightly disappointed as it's only 13 eps and is the last season, but the way the stations gurn for ratings it could easily have been dropped.

I sincerely hope they take up the future storyline, or at least get Georgina Haig involved in season 5 as she was unbelievably hot.

Soldato
This is great news! I have to say I'm slightly disappointed as it's only 13 eps and is the last season, but the way the stations gurn for ratings it could easily have been dropped.

I sincerely hope they take up the future storyline, or at least get Georgina Haig involved in season 5 as she was unbelievably hot.

I think it won't build up to that tbh, I think they'll lay the foundations upto the point of being frozen in amber and then the 2036 episode happens. We've still got Olivia to get up the dove, etta to be born and the observers to change tactics and turn on them, also the Mr. X who's supposed to kill Olivia...and finally Bell who clearly did something too as Walter referred as much in the future episode, leaving him behind and only taking his hand. :p

All that in 13 episodes, I hope we do not get any silly filler episodes and its 13 story arc eps. :)

One

One

Soldato
I think it won't build up to that tbh, I think they'll lay the foundations upto the point of being frozen in amber and then the 2036 episode happens. We've still got Olivia to get up the dove, etta to be born and the observers to change tactics and turn on them, also the Mr. X who's supposed to kill Olivia...and finally Bell who clearly did something too as Walter referred as much in the future episode, leaving him behind and only taking his hand. :p

All that in 13 episodes, I hope we do not get any silly filler episodes and its 13 story arc eps. :)

I'm not really sure why you've spoiler tagged your opinion :p Are we likely to see Bell back though? I'm not sure how vested Nimoy's interest is in the programme, after all it wasn't actually Nimoy behind the amber. It could easily have been something Bell did when Olive was a child but then Olive and Walter only discovered what he did later in life. It could be something along the lines of belley already knowing about the observers (or just September telling belly about it all) and then he 'adapted' Olive to produce a child that can't be read by the observers, this however will kill her upon child birth. Just thinking.

I also don't think a season laying the foundations to the future episode would be wise as one we pretty much already know what happens and two the future episode left way too many loose ends, perhaps 2-3 episodes leading up to the future episode and then the rest of the season we see them fight off the observers and finally reset the entire universe back to how it was with no fringe problems whatsoever. Probably find out it was all ultimately Massive Dynamics fault lol.

Although I'll be honest, I don't care too much where the story goes, the writers know they have just 13 episodes to end it I highly doubt they will ruin it, I just want to see Georgina Haig back on my screen because I'm an weird geek perv :D

Soldato
i enjoyed this weeks episode and the one before, looking fwd to the final 2 of this season. However im still somewhat confused by doing what they did with Peter (i wont spoil) as it kind of makes everything a waste of time in some respects. Anyway i can see how the last 2 will pan out and then set up for a great final season.

TBH if this was 10 - 14 episodes every season it would be up there as a classic, but such is life with 20 plus episode season you end up with 40% fillers that have no outcome or meaning.

Soldato
Finally caught up with Fringe myself since I've been off work. I must say it's good to see a few members from the "Lost" cast being included in this too. Desmond (brother) and that sexy red head girl with the nice accent as well.

It's also taken a typical JJ Abrams turn (imo) as I'm assuming we're now getting flash forwards as well as flash backs with it all fitting in nicely together (eventually) at the end. Also, I never realised John Noble (Walter) is actually Australian until I read his Wiki Page :eek:

Soldato
Very good finale!

Tied up many loose ends, and left plenty open for next season. Some of the BS explanations did grate me a little bit though, but I was able to get past them.

Soldato
Very good finale!

Tied up many loose ends, and left plenty open for next season. Some of the BS explanations did grate me a little bit though, but I was able to get past them.

The link that led Walter to that place was a pretty lame connection and highly improbable after all those years but heyho its Fringe! :D

I enjoyed it also, interesting to see what happens next, and if there is any jump forward in time since they keep recalling 2036 as being a strong link.

Soldato
The link that led Walter to that place was a pretty lame connection and highly improbable after all those years but heyho its Fringe! :D

I must admit it raised an eyebrow...but as you say, that is Fringe. Didn't bother me too much. I don't mind Walter picking up the trail in that way, but to actually find Bell there was a bit of a leap.

There were also a few moments where they just basically looked in to the camera(not literally) and explained something that really should have been shown instead of told to us in some way. But then I can understand that they had a hell of a lot to fit in to the last few episodes so they packed a lot in and some of it felt a bit forced. Overall I loved it though!

Associate
I did worry about Fringe at the start of season 4, but it got better and I enjoyed it very much indeed. Glad there is a final season to close the show off.

Associate
Good final two episodes:

I was a bit dissapointed how David Robert Jones died, and I think they finished the last episode to the point where they wrapped everything up incase they got cancelled. Then if the show did they wouldn't of had that final scene with dr Bishop and the September.

Associate
I quite liked how
David Robert Jones died - it was like they'd built him up to be some genius mastermind, and then as soon as it's revealed that Bell was behind it he's utterly disposable, showing just how superior Bell is.
Or at least that was my take on it.

Soldato
Just finished season 2, have been buying the blu ray boxsets once they've price dropped, bought season 2 for £12.99 which I thought was good value considering it's 20 odd episodes in length. Will have a shop around for season 3 soon. Walter makes the show for me, what a great actor John Noble is.

Back
Top Bottom