Front-end Developer needed

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this allowed, so if it isn't, by all means close/delete this thread.

But my company is looking for a Front-end developer for a full time position and were struggling really to find anyone suitable which is quite surprising. Job is based in Camden, London.

Basically you need to know HTML, CSS like the back of your hand as well as decent knowledge of jQuery/Javascript. Things like any SASS/HAML/Ruby experience will be a plus.

If anyone would like more details, my email is in trust and we can discuss it further.

Problem is everyone wants someone already skilled/experience to hit the ground running. So no-one new gets the opportunity to train up and gain experience. So the pool of experienced people gets smaller. Its like harvesting anything without planting new. Perhaps there's someone will lesser experience you can trial. if they can do 50~80% of what you want isn't that better than getting no one?

Last edited:
Problem is everyone wants someone already skilled/experience to hit the ground running. So no-one new gets the opportunity to train up and gain experience. So the pool of experienced people gets smaller. Its like harvesting anything without planting new. Perhaps there's someone will lesser experience you can trial. if they can do 50~80% of what you want isn't that better than getting no one?

I understand what you are saying here, but we do run a very time critical business where literally minutes can be thousands of pounds lost so really the less 'hand holding' needed the better but we would always consider someone was a solid foundation but with little or none commercial experience if we think the person has the right attitude and enthusiasm to learn and progress.

Have you tried putting your advert on say Stackoverflow Careers?

How much are you paying out of interest? (I'm not after the job, just curious)

Didn't think about Stack overflow, thanks for that, will pass it on to the HR department and hopefully they will use it.

I'm not sure what the salary offer is, but I guess it's dependent on experience etc.

I understand what you are saying here, but we do run a very time critical business where literally minutes can be thousands of pounds lost so really the less 'hand holding' needed the better but we would always consider someone was a solid foundation but with little or none commercial experience if we think the person has the right attitude and enthusiasm to learn and progress.

Hand holding someone might drag an experienced person away from their work. But you would think someone who even saves a few minutes is better than no one doing it at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom