Fuji X Series

Soldato
Gents

I have a D3100 with lens kit, 200mm, Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens, backpack, tripod all boxes and mint condition, would I be best to split and sell rather than as a bundle as I think I might go with one in this range

I have a place called Digital Depot nearby so could see if they will purchase the lot off me?

Thanks

Associate
Gents

I have a D3100 with lens kit, 200mm, Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens, backpack, tripod all boxes and mint condition, would I be best to split and sell rather than as a bundle as I think I might go with one in this range

I have a place called Digital Depot nearby so could see if they will purchase the lot off me?

Thanks

I'd at least try one in a shop first before selling all your DSLR kit...

I guess it comes down to whether you're happy with the price they offer you for the bundle.

Soldato
I'd at least try one in a shop first before selling all your DSLR kit...

I guess it comes down to whether you're happy with the price they offer you for the bundle.

I'm just not into lugging it all round, falling myself into thinking I will get into it sooner or later, I'd be happier with a smaller pocket size unit I can grab and go when going out for the day, or out with the family..

They said they have some in stock so can have a play when I'm down there :)

Thanks

Soldato
Gents

Thanks

I've sold most of my camera equipment through amazon marketplace, free to list but they take a cut on sale.

Which lens is the 200mm?

d3100 + 18-55 lens is about £180
35mm £120

you could keep the tripod for the occasional use with a new camera, always handy to have around. I've not really sold camera bags so not sure how easy they are to shift on.

I sold all my nikon dslr kit a few years ago and went through a sony nex to the fuji system. No regrets doing it.

Soldato
I've sold most of my camera equipment through amazon marketplace, free to list but they take a cut on sale.

Which lens is the 200mm?

d3100 + 18-55 lens is about £180
35mm £120

you could keep the tripod for the occasional use with a new camera, always handy to have around. I've not really sold camera bags so not sure how easy they are to shift on.

I sold all my nikon dslr kit a few years ago and went through a sony nex to the fuji system. No regrets doing it.

re the 200mm I can't find the details but I'm sure its worth £100 so all told £400 to spend

Associate
Just sold my Xpro-1 and lots of extras as looking to go back to Dslr. Just could not get on with it, i need something a bit more rugged so looking to get a canon 60D

Soldato
I've finally stopped tarting about and decided to go all in with Fuji. I know there are areas where they don't compete against DSLR and I will miss FF but I've made the decision purely on size. Now my daughter is getting older our trips out are much more active, so the smaller kit would be welcome. The difference between plonking a 1Ds2/24-105 on the table, when stopping for lunch somewhere, and an X series with lens is quite extreme!

I was thinking of keeping both systems, but I hate having something just sat there for only occasional use so I'll be selling all my gear. Sad times!

Currently I've got an X-E1, I don't know whether to pick up an X-E2 now and an X-T1 layer when the prices have dropped a bit. Or just go all in now. Of course it would also make sense to wait a bit too see what offers Fuji may be doing next!

Soldato
Have you played with either of them? I'm loving my x-e2 but I know trying a x-t1 will make me want it for the larger evf :) Internals are pretty similar between them so if you don't need the crazy burst of the x-t1 you could save some money.

Associate
I've finally stopped tarting about and decided to go all in with Fuji. I know there are areas where they don't compete against DSLR and I will miss FF but I've made the decision purely on size. Now my daughter is getting older our trips out are much more active, so the smaller kit would be welcome. The difference between plonking a 1Ds2/24-105 on the table, when stopping for lunch somewhere, and an X series with lens is quite extreme!

I was thinking of keeping both systems, but I hate having something just sat there for only occasional use so I'll be selling all my gear. Sad times!

Currently I've got an X-E1, I don't know whether to pick up an X-E2 now and an X-T1 layer when the prices have dropped a bit. Or just go all in now. Of course it would also make sense to wait a bit too see what offers Fuji may be doing next!

X-E2s are currently pretty cheap, even considering the free lens deal, I'd have saved money waiting and buying my X-E2 and two lenses now. Even so, I'd wait- you're not going to see any really massive performance improvements from an X-E2. AF is marginally better, the EVF is faster in low light, but that's about it. I'm thinking of getting a s/h X-E1 myself to complement my X-E2...

Then the X-Pro1 replacement can't be that far away, and an X-T1 would give a usfeul alternative to the X-E1 in terms of handling.

Off to BST in Hyde Park later on, taking the X-E2, 18mm and 35mm. I did look longingly at the Canon and 70-200f2.8II this morning, but I really don't want to carry it (is this really the end?).

I've got nothing long so won't be shooting any of the stage acts, but will see what I can pick up in the crowds. Or I might just leave camera in the bag and watch :)

Soldato
I'd like an X-E2 to get the additional AF performance at least in good light and the faster EVF refresh rate. You also get the ability to use constant AF without it being fixed to the centre point? I'm likely to end up with both an X-E2 and X-T1 to be honest! I'll probably hang on to the X-E1 for now and see what is announced over the next few months.

Selling my 70-200II is going to be difficult, but must be done :( Hopefully the Fuji equivalent will be nice :)

Associate
I'd like an X-E2 to get the additional AF performance at least in good light and the faster EVF refresh rate. You also get the ability to use constant AF without it being fixed to the centre point? I'm likely to end up with both an X-E2 and X-T1 to be honest! I'll probably hang on to the X-E1 for now and see what is announced over the next few months.

Selling my 70-200II is going to be difficult, but must be done :( Hopefully the Fuji equivalent will be nice :)

Yeah you do get continuous AF tracking off the center point (and in 3fps burst mode). Don't expect great performance though- it's usable but in my experience it still doesn't touch even my 50D for tracking subjects. X-T1 is anecdotally better in this regard, but can't for the life of me figure out why it should be given it's got the same sensor.... maybe bodes well for a future firmware for the X-E2.

Soldato
Yeah I'm not expecting miracles from the AF, I'll just be shooting differently. I'm doing okay with the X-E1 and I did fine with the X100 I had before. I know I'm going to miss shots that I would have nailed with a DSLR but also know that I'll get some shots purely because I'll actually have the camera with me :)

I'd like the X-E2 for the color of the focus peaking as well, I'm having great fun using older MF glass at the moment. That's also something I like about the Fuji, it's fun to use. I can't believe that I am actually looking forward to a rear tiltable LCD! That is something that didn't interest me at all but now I can see the greater possibilities with it :)

Back
Top Bottom