Fuji X Series

Associate
I've been back and forth so much, read pretty much every review/opinion of the Fujifilm X-T4, Sony A7 III and the Canon EOS R and think I've settled on the Fujifilm X-T4 with 16-80mm lens now.

Just waiting for Black Friday to see if any good deals come up :)

Soldato
Ah makes sense, the 15-45 is a cheaper budget lens. What lens do you currently shot with ?
I have been using a Sony A7 with the Tamron 28-75 and the 90mm Macro but sold all my Sony gear and started using my iPhone 11 Pro as it was just so much easier around the house.

Missing that full camera experience now though as i have been doing a lot more outdoor stuff since lowering my work hours to have time to myself.

I have used Canon and Sony and rather than go back to Sony, wanted to give Fuji a go. :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I’ve got the 18-55 as a walkabout lens and 35 1.4 for indoor and some nice bokeh shots. There’s a ton of lens to pick from with Fuji, pretty much all are bangers.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I've been back and forth so much, read pretty much every review/opinion of the Fujifilm X-T4, Sony A7 III and the Canon EOS R and think I've settled on the Fujifilm X-T4 with 16-80mm lens now.

Just waiting for Black Friday to see if any good deals come up :)
I may as well hold out for a few more days and see what happens with BF and what deals pop up. :)

Soldato
I have the the X-T20 which is a phenomenal camera. So I imagine the X-T30 is even better still.

I've bought a 55-200 as well which seems to have good reviews and £400 seemed like a bargain.

Last edited:
Soldato
They sent a photo of it in the warehouse with a print out of my name and address. Don't think I've ever seen that before.
Just be prepared for a long(er) wait and possibly not receiving at all. I have used e-infin multiple times in the past and have been very happy with them. However they let themselves down when I tried to purchase a lens from them back around May time. I got the usual update emails and package picture but it never arrived. Around that time trustpilot was awash with customers who all had the same experience: everything was going as normal but package just never arrived. A quick email to e-infin and a refund was issued no questions asked with them stating it must have got lost when it entered the UK. It was odd that everyone was being issued the same refund and excuse. It almost seemed as if they didn't actually have any stock and just carried on regardless.

All that being said my brother used them since with no issues.

P.S. I actually came on here to highlight that Quidco are doing 10% cashback for X-S10 purchases from Currys for anyone who was eyeing one up. They only do the XC and XF kits but £100+ is not to be sniffed at.

Soldato
Just be prepared for a long(er) wait and possibly not receiving at all. I have used e-infin multiple times in the past and have been very happy with them. However they let themselves down when I tried to purchase a lens from them back around May time. I got the usual update emails and package picture but it never arrived. Around that time trustpilot was awash with customers who all had the same experience: everything was going as normal but package just never arrived. A quick email to e-infin and a refund was issued no questions asked with them stating it must have got lost when it entered the UK. It was odd that everyone was being issued the same refund and excuse. It almost seemed as if they didn't actually have any stock and just carried on regardless.

All that being said my brother used them since with no issues.

P.S. I actually came on here to highlight that Quidco are doing 10% cashback for X-S10 purchases from Currys for anyone who was eyeing one up. They only do the XC and XF kits but £100+ is not to be sniffed at.

Thanks for the heads up. I did notice the TP reviews and also thought it was odd. That said there don't appear to be any issues with refunds or getting your money back so not too bothered if it's a no show and they make excuses.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Nice! How does it feel to use compared to your Canon?

I love the 35 1.4, so good. Here’s a snap on my walk yesterday, slightly missed focus because I was balancing over the canal one handed.

DSCF9146.jpg

Soldato
Watched a video Thomas Heaton did using his X-T3 and the 18-55 kit lens and he said it produced very poor quality images at 55mm.
By Thomas Heston's standards I'd say he's probably correct. For mere mortals such as myself I'd say yes it's soft (probably the softest point of its focal range) but it's still plenty sharp for general shooting. It won't win any portrait awards but that's not its intended use.

Back
Top Bottom