Fuji X Series

Man of Honour
I just dont like the x100 series. I had an x-E2s with a tiny 27mm and it was plent small and light enough and a better camera in several ways including not being trapped at one focal length for its lifetime.

I'm a bit like that with the X100 series; I bought the original and while I didn't love it it did get me "into" Fuji as I decided to get an X-Pro 1 instead.
But I've tried since partially because my favourite lens is the 23mm f1.4 and I always think it would be nice just have that in one body but I never seem to be able to get on with it!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The new 23 f2 on the X100V is very good.

I found myself never changing lens and also the lens choices became a stress rather than an enjoyable thing. For the types of photos I take (out and about with family) a small compact case with just an X100V is ideal.

Soldato
anyone tried the viltrox range ? . i bought the 33 1.4 but fancy the 85mm anyone tried it? only thing i dont like about the 33 is focus distance
I’ve had both the 23mm and 85mm, still have the 23mm. In fact I wound up with both the Mark 1 and 2 of the 85mm as it turned out.
Love my 23mm, it produces great photos and accompanies my X-S10 perfectly. I haven’t used the native Fuji equivalent but from what I gather Viltrox is just ever so slightly softer wide open but more than adequate.
I do own the native Fuji 90mm so am in a position to compare it. Absolutely no doubt the Viltrox 85mm represents much better value for money - just try to get the Mark 2. Optically they’re identical but the Mk2 is considerably lighter and has a couple of aesthetic improvements over the 1.
Compared with the 90mm I found the Viltrox to be as sharp however in a deep dive it lacked a little colour and contrast compared to the 90mm. That difference is minor though and 90% of the time you couldn’t tell. The 90mm also has faster AF however it’s renowned for having the one of the best, if not THE best, AF system in the Fuji lens lineup so I wouldn’t read too much into that comparison. I only ended up with the 90mm as I got a good deal on it otherwise I’d still have the Viltrox for sure.

Associate
I’ve used it, so will have to take the hit.

As long as the shutter count isn't excessive, you're probably ok to return it under distance selling regs - idea is that you need to ensure its fit for your needs as you would if you tested it in a shop. Hard to know without taking a few shots, etc.

Regardless, shouldn't have any trouble selling it - the X100V is awesome.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
As long as the shutter count isn't excessive, you're probably ok to return it under distance selling regs - idea is that you need to ensure its fit for your needs as you would if you tested it in a shop. Hard to know without taking a few shots, etc.

Regardless, shouldn't have any trouble selling it - the X100V is awesome.

I’ve dropped them a message, see how it goes. I’ll leave it up for sale in the meantime.

Soldato
Can anyone confirm if Einfin still ship from the UK?

Their website says all UK orders ship from their UK warehouse but I had an email this morning saying I should expect delivery of the X-S10 within 14-17 days which makes me think it’s coming from HK.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Their website says all UK orders ship from their UK warehouse but I had an email this morning saying I should expect delivery of the X-S10 within 14-17 days which makes me think it’s coming from HK.

After 3-4 days I got a Royal Mail tracking number, but that wasn't live for a good week or so later. I usually see delivery within 2 weeks from them.

Soldato
After 3-4 days I got a Royal Mail tracking number, but that wasn't live for a good week or so later. I usually see delivery within 2 weeks from them.
Thought the estimated delivery was too good to be true, decent saving of £300 over buying a UK sourced one so happy to wait.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Thought the estimated delivery was too good to be true, decent saving of £300 over buying a UK sourced one so happy to wait.

That's my view.

So I was planning to return the X100V, but it so happens that I've misplaced the battery while on holiday so I cannot return it. I'm going to keep it, see how I get on. The photos from holiday were really good.

A few photos. I ended up with 110 keepers. (RIP imgur compression)

p9S1396.jpg

5tXT2j0.jpg

A3jVzBo.jpg

S2XFFEB.jpg

VLhldB5.jpg

Soldato

I believe what they do is ship it to the UK to themselves then ship it again to the customer - that way they can say it ships from the UK.
That would explain why there is such a delay before the Royal Mail tracking is active.

Soldato

Not sure I believe anything from Einfini comes from the UK to be honest, certainly not at their prices. Probably just a statement to entice sales.

That's my view.

So I was planning to return the X100V, but it so happens that I've misplaced the battery while on holiday so I cannot return it. I'm going to keep it, see how I get on. The photos from holiday were really good.

A few photos. I ended up with 110 keepers. (RIP imgur compression)

You're definitely having some indecisive moments lately! ;) Those images look great and love the grading - what more could you want from an all in one? If I were you I'd keep it and accept it as a convenient package through which you can get your photography fix. 23mm is definitely the perfect all round focal length too IMO. As I've said before my first foray into mirrorless was the X-T10 and 23mm F2 which went round the world with me. Now I have a Shimoda bag with 6 different lenses and constant decision anxiety! :D

Edit - although that said your old 16mm F/1.4 just keeps blowing me away. The only thing better than the incredible images it produces is the fact you can hand it to anyone in fully auto and it still seems to perform outstandingly well. It's perfect for social events and indoor stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is one of my old man I took at a family gathering recently. It epitomises everything I love about the 16mm 1.4, beautiful bokeh and portraits with context rather than the background just blown to oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom