fujistui siemens

Soldato
Hi,

I have a fujistu siemens laptop a few years old...

Recently three keys from the keyboard just stopped working, so I bought a replacement and even on the replacement keyboard the same inital keys do not work..

Im at a loss at to what to do next..

Please help..

P.S. I tried plugging in an external keyboard and all keys on that keyboard work..

So what to do?

Please help

Thanks in advance..

Soldato
The connection between the keyboard and the laptop motherboard sounds faulty.

I assume the keyboard is connected to the laptop mainboard via a ribbon cable or similar. If that's become damaged then it might be why you're having issues. Either that or the actual connection port on the mobo.

Saying that, it could be an area on the mainboard damaged.

Actually, could be quite a few things!:o

I'd see if you can get a replacement cable. If that doesn't work, then the motherboard is probably damaged. If it is, don't bother looking to replace it. Will cost a fortune.

Soldato
OP
gutted!!!!

my initial reaction was the keyboard ribbon which connects the keyboard to the mobo however having tried 2 - 3 different keyboards I still got the same error therefore I was also of the opinion it was the actual connector on the mobo..

I spoke to fujistu about it and they want £600 for a new mobo....

I am absolutely gutted as there is nothing else wrong with the laptop...

Thanks for the time you have taken to explain your diagnosis and your reasons behind it. The fact you confirmed my initial fear means its time I took this on the chin...

Cheers pal

Soldato
No problem. Glad you got it sorted.:)

:eek: at the cost of a replacement motherboard though! I first thought it would cost £300 max but £600?!?!? Can go and buy a brand new Vostro 1500 for that cash ;)

Back
Top Bottom