• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Full Nvidia Geforce options on Laptop

Associate
Hi,

I have just purchase a new laptop (Gigabyte G5) with an i5 and Geforce 4060. I know that it uses intel HD graphics on the desktop and then switches to the 4060 playing games. However, I have very limited options in the Nvidia control panel.

I only have the 3D settings and that's it. No display settings at all. I assume this is because on the desktop it's using the Intel HD? Is there any way to get the full options available?

The main reason for this message however, is I need the Image scaling/sharpening (NIS) option in 3D settings, but I only seem to have Sharpening available. I want to use this as an alternative to DLSS if not available in games. As this is a laptop, I need NIS to get decent frame rates on some games.

Again, I assume the scaling option is not available as it uses the HD graphics. Failing that, is there a way to force the 4060 to be used all of the time? The laptop does not have a MUX switch so am I snookered?

Okay, I have another issue if someone could help. For some reason the Nvidia control panel settings are not kicking in when playing games. Things like v-sync always on etc don't seem to be working. Even If I bypass global settings and set up a game exe profile the game seems to ignore all settings. I know the intel graphics have priority during desktop use, but why are the Nvidia settings not being used in game. What's the point in having a control panel in the first place. It's annoying to have a 4060 laptop and not being able to set anything for it. I can't see any v-sync options in windows at all apart from resolution and refresh change. I also have the Nvidia App that also seems to do nothing. RTSS seems fine but I need control over the 4060....help.

Back
Top Bottom