• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fury X still OK?

Soldato
Activate HBCC if still an option on the drivers, as it was few years ago.
FuryX supports memory compression, you shouldn't have issues tbh except on really horribly optimized games.
Also make sure it has the UEFI bios not the original one. It would improve performance and overclocking.
Don't think the Fury X supports HBCC, think that's Vega cards. I did update the BIOS to the UEFI one. Most game ran really well, RDR2, Borderlands 3 and lots of others, its still a very usable card, just felt like upgrading. Diablo 3 runs much better on the Fury X than a 5700XT, probably a driver thing as its an old game.

Associate
The seller who is local to myself refused to show me it working as he didn't want to reinstall it.

I asked him if he mind delivering it me, and I'd install and test it while he was here, he declined.

Now he wants to put it on eBay as he thinks he'll get more for it!

Oh well, never mind

As much as I liked Fury/Fury X I'd say your better off waiting/adding to your budget and getting something else. Armageus is suggestion is probably best. My suggestion would be wait to see what occurs with RX 5600 XT release, perhaps some shifting on GPU prices may occur and or perhaps it maybe within your budget.

Activate HBCC if still an option on the drivers, as it was few years ago.
Don't think the Fury X supports HBCC, think that's Vega cards.

Yep Vega thing.

Soldato
The seller who is local to myself refused to show me it working as he didn't want to reinstall it.

I asked him if he mind delivering it me, and I'd install and test it while he was here, he declined.

Now he wants to put it on eBay as he thinks he'll get more for it!

Oh well, never mind

Bullet dodged IMO. And in any case you don't want to be buying anything with less than 8GB of VRAM these days.

Back
Top Bottom