• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fury X vs 980ti

Permabanned
So I read something on /r/pcmasterrace about how the Fury X had the wrong drivers given to the press, and one review with the correct ones had it beating the 980Ti in almost everything or even smashing it in some areas! :eek:

Would those be the drivers people downloaded? Ive heard no mention of a wallace and gromit style "putting the wrong drivers on" :D

Seems a bit out there that out of the many reviewers,one single person found these Ti smashing drivers

Soldato
Would those be the drivers people downloaded? Ive heard no mention of a wallace and gromit style "putting the wrong drivers on" :D

Seems a bit out there that out of the many reviewers,one single person found these Ti smashing drivers

The quote in question was here:

Just putting this out there. Here's a review that seems quite different from the other ones: https://translate.google.com/transl...u=http://www.ixbt.com/video3/fiji-part3.shtml This one actually shows that Fury beats 980 ti in a lot of tests and even titan x in some tests. Of course in lower resolutions it seems that NVidia still wins a lot of times, but it's not as bad as it is with some other reviewers. Now here's a possible reason why. Driver version used in this review is 15.15-180612a-18565BE which the reviewer was sent by AMD on June 18th. The press driver on AMD's FTP server is 15.15-150611a-185358E. I think this is probably the reason of this inconsistency.

Soldato
The quote in question was here:

I really hope AMD didn't actually send out the wrong driver for the reviews!

jiFfM.jpg

Associate
how much texture fits in a 4gb space ?! the speed it's accesed at will help when it's full?

Last edited:
Associate
Im struggling to see why people are dissapointed in fury x. Performs mostly the same as ti inos benchmarks that use it £40 cheaper, smaller and comes with £90 of cooler. That package in a ti brings the cost up to £640.

Associate
It still looks like 'maybe' as far as I can tell. They do apparently want to go all DX12 within the next 18 months though, drop DX11 totally which would be interesting. I guess the free windows upgrade option makes that not totally impossible, though a lot of graphics cards would be left behind then.

The new cards will run DX11 games, but new generations needs to be prepared for DX12, btw the change is good, and MS saying, will be easy to release games both XO and PC, or much easier, well, i want to play some Halo after more than 10 years....

Soldato
They do apparently want to go all DX12 within the next 18 months though, drop DX11 totally which would be interesting. I guess the free windows upgrade option makes that not totally impossible, though a lot of graphics cards would be left behind then.
If that's the case, the developers need to start making the DX12 games now then. People seem to forget how long games take to actually make! It'll be ages before they start to take full advantage of DX12, even if there was industry wide agreement to fully adopt DX12 tomorrow. By the time it happens, we'll be well in to Pscal and HBM2.

Soldato
If that's the case, the developers need to start making the DX12 games now then. People seem to forget how long games take to actually make! It'll be ages before they start to take full advantage of DX12, even if there was industry wide agreement to fully adopt DX12 tomorrow. By the time it happens, we'll be well in to Pscal and HBM2.

Stardocks doing that for a long time now built dx12 err Mantle first and then its ready for win 10.

Star wars battlefront due in Nov is also DX12 apparently.

The jury is still out on that one. Dice Johan andersson said he wanted dx12 asap meaning for that game and others like mirrors edge catalyst etc..but he thought it was maybe not feasible in that timeframe.
However dice will be there in the forefront along with stardocks and dues x guys.

Its why I buy a fury its simple built for win 10.

Back
Top Bottom