Future Gaming/Work Build Help

Associate
Budget (including currency): Around £4500
Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: AAA Gaming (inc Flight Sim), Music Production, Penetration Testing
Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Hi all,

I'm planning to build one of two machines in the next couple of months. As my workplace is contributing to part of the budget, I’ve decided to invest a bit more with the hope of future-proofing the system for several years (I know, I’m probably kidding myself!). I’m considering either a full ATX build or a more compact M-ITX build. Below are my current thoughts and component choices. I would appreciate any feedback, particularly if you foresee any potential issues or have suggestions for better components.

ATX Build:​

• Case: Fractal Design Torrent Black RGB Light Tint Windowed PC Gaming Case
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AMD X670E AORUS MASTER
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB ELITE 360mm Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler
  • RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR Titanium RGB Black 64GB 6400MHz DDR5 Memory Kit
  • GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB WINDFORCE V2 Ada Lovelace Graphics Card
  • PSU: Seasonic Prime TX1000
  • Monitor: ASUS 48" 4K Ultra HD 138Hz G-SYNC Compatible OLED HDR Gaming Monitor

M-ITX Build:​

• Case: Cooler Master NR200P V2 MAX Mini-ITX Tower SFF PC Case with 280mm AIO Cooler & 850W Gold PSU
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AMD B650I AORUS ULTRA Mini-ITX Motherboard
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D
  • RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR Titanium RGB Black 64GB 6400MHz DDR5 Memory Kit
  • GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB WINDFORCE V2 Ada Lovelace Graphics Card
  • Monitor: ASUS 48" 4K Ultra HD 138Hz G-SYNC Compatible OLED HDR Gaming Monitor
Storage: This will be transferred from my current machine; compatibility has already been verified.

I should note that I’m not opposed to an Intel CPU. I’ve also been considering the 14900KF as an option. Although I’ve always been an Intel user, I’m curious to see what AMD has to offer.

Any help or advice you can provide will of course be greatly appreciated!

Hi.

Memory 6000mhz C30 is optimal for AM5 as it offers CPU memory ratio of 1:1 , anything above that changes the ratio to 2:1. So unless you need the extra bandwidth higher MHz memory provides the 6000mhz is the way to go.

You want expo memory for AM5

Something to consider is Nvidia 5000 series GPU hopefully will be released before the end of the year.

1000w PSU should be your minimum imo especially for future upgrades as power draw on GPUs is increasing.

If you the room then go atx you will ability to modify your build more and probably better airflow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom