• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FX 53 - Skt 939

Soldato
Hello there. My freind is selling me an FX 53. He's giving it to me for £40. The question I ask is has it still got life in the chip?
As in, does it still preform powerfully?
I'm hoping to replace my existing chip in my computer:
AMD Athlon 64 Winchester @ stocks
GeIL 1024mb, 1gb RAM @ stocks
HIS Excalibur x800xl @ stocks
Samsung Spinpoint 160Gb HDD
DFI UT NF4

Theres nothing wrong with my computer at the moment. It's just as it happens i've got £35 bob (i'm sure I can talk him down £5 ;) ) it's just is it worth the upgrade and will I see any noticeable differences?

Thanks for your time

Caporegime
Depends how it clocks, tbh your Winchester will probably clock better if its a half decent clocker (as Winchester are 90nm whereas your FX-53 is 130nm sledgehammer core).

If your running stock then the FX-53 runs at 2.4ghz and has 1Mb of cache, so it would actually be quite nippy. And £35 is pennies, probably would cost you nothing if you sold your old CPU.

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
if you overclock it at all keep an eye on your cooling as those FX53's used to sling some serious heat out when pushed. them sledgehammer cores could get a might bit toasty at times. ;)

Back
Top Bottom