FX8350, Mothernoard and 32gb RAM - £100. Viable gaming machine?

Soldato
My friend is looking at buying a Ryzen upgrade and has said he would sell me his FX 8350, motherboard and 32gb RAM (both mobo and RAM are unspecified) for £100.

What I am aiming to do is buy this, slap in a gfx card (maybe 970?). Use my current case and maybe HDD and use it as a budget gaming rig.

Would it be worth £100? I tend to think so, but wondered what your opinions were?

I also quite like the bloke so don't want him to be ripped off. If it is worth more I'll pay more! Strange I know...

Bonus question - I have a Corsair PSU from about 9 years ago. The pc I would rip it from has not been used in about 4-5 years. Would it be ok to use , or am I risking it?

Soldato
OP
So in answer to some of the questions - the rig that it will be replacing is:

Core 2 Duo (E4 series?)
4gb RAM
7800 GTO

I do have a laptop with these specs:

i7 6700hq
8gb DDR 4 RAM
970m GTX

I am looking at buying the the combo from my friend to put into my old Antec case (battered, but still useable) and putting in a decent graphics card to make a half decent cheap gaming machine.

All in, I am looking at:

£100 for the bundle
New PSU - maybe £50? Also what wattage would you recommend?
Maybe a 970 or even 1060 when the new 11 series eventually come out - possibly £120?

Soldato
OP
I was a bit confused....!

To be honest, that package did me well. Now running a completely new and custom rig - Ryzen 2600, 16GB RAM and a Vega 56, love it!

Back
Top Bottom