• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gainward or Zotac for an upgrade?

Associate
Hello folks

Thinking of finally retiring my lovely old MSI 1080ti.
I'm looking at the 4070 ti Super. Regarding brands, I know the advice for this sort of thing is often 'go for the cheapest'. But there's still choices to be made.
I'm considering the Zotac Trinity or the Gainward Panther as they are at the cheaper end.

Any opinions on these two cards?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Zotac offers a 5 year UK based warranty, although you need to register the card within 30 days or you only get 3. That's where my money would be personally.
Thanks Gray2233

Yeah, that's a good point, and certainly a consideration, but I must say some recent threads on this forum have lead me to slightly doubt the value of GPU warranties.
I'll definitely bear it in mind but, warranties aside, are there any other factors that would make someone choose one of these cards over the other?
Apart from obviously wanting it to be generally decent, quietness is an important factor. I'm not bothered about RGB bling.
Let me know what you all think.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks folks!
Another related option...
What about the Gainward 4070 Ti Super Phoenix?
I know it's still Gainward so consensus might not change. Right now it is exactly the same price as the Zotac Trinity.
Warranty period aside, what would you say was the best card out of these two?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Ummm didn't we just say go for the Zotac? :p
Hi
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Before, the Gainward option I was considering was the Panther, I've now ruled that out based on the good advice here.
But now i was wondering about the Gainward Phoenix - still comparing it to the Zotac.
But maybe you meant that the Zotac would be the best choice over any Gainward card.
I don't know, it just seems the Phoenix has been pretty well reviewed, as Tetras mentions above.
Hmm.

Associate
OP
Thanks everyone! Mind made up.
I honestly got the whole warranty thing! I guess I was just wondering - apart from warranty - if there were any actual qualitative differences between the cards themselves.
But I think I can safely infer that the Zotac is a better card (and with the extra piece of mind of a 5 year warranty).
Thanks folks!

Back
Top Bottom