Galaxy gear range... Owners thread... Essential apps/etc...

Transmission breaker
Don
Hi all, I picked up a Gear fit at the launch event on Oxford Street last week and have been enjoying using it over the last few days.
Here it is..
gearfit.jpg

So far I have a the appy geek app on it, and it's picking up notifications from my phone nicely.

I have it running in portrait mode, and unfortunately appy geek app does not support portrait. Reported this to the Dev. Hope they fix it soon.
Not found any other apps for it yet. I get the Impression that the gear 2 and gear neo might have slightly more app development than the fit version. Just could not get on with the design of the larger devices.

I really love how simple it is to customise the watch interface from the phone app, and so far it's all been really easy to use :)

I think perhaps we can try to keep all gear related stuff in one thread and not get it lost in the phone threads!

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
I have installed a few more apps since i first got the device, and so far it's really a very useful device!
I have an RSS feed app installed (Gear fit RSS) and get regular news from there. I still have appy geek app installed, and a very similar news republic app installed for regular breaking news.
There are a few new clocks coming out slowly. I think I would actually like to make my own, so will see if I can knock one up shortly. I want to mimic an actual watch face rather than a digital type. There are some nice portrait clocks on the app store, but they are not quite what I am after.
Gear fit share is interesting, allows you to send any text to the watch. I have used it to read some long articles when getting my phone out was an issue. But its a bit of a faff sharing the text beforehand, and reading a lot of text in landscape is not overly comfortable, but its a neat idea.

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Looks very nice mate, I see you like Samsung :D

I've got the original Gear but thinking of swapping it for a Neo.

Haha, I work for them :p

The Neo is probably the bargain of the bunch. It has more functionality than the fit, but I just cannot really get on with the looks.

I also dont fancy answering calls on my watch, so I went for the fit :)

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
dat pic of Brent Spiner :D

I wish I had not got that in the pic now!!

He was a top bloke, talked to me for quite a while, despite being very busy and in demand!

On Topic, I think the fit is a bit more sensitive when waking up from arm movement for me. It seems to be just a bit more responsive.

HR monitoring also seems to work better, seems less fussy about arm position now.

Back
Top Bottom