Game Grumbles

Soldato
What has annoyed you abut some of the games you have played recently? Blatant AI cheating? Annoying bugs? Shoddy controls?

I'll start it off with 2 little things:

Ridge Racer 6:

Been playing this all weekend for a change and means I've put some serious effort into the game and actually got somewhere - I'm now really enjoying it except for a couple of circuits I suck at :p Then I got mad....

Blatant AI cheating. I selected a series of 'No-Nitrous' Races expecting to blitz through them with ease. Good start and got the first few corners done nicely and then I hear it.

Phwoooooosh 'Someone just let off some nitrous!'

Erm....isn't this a 'No-Nitrous' event I ponder as all the people I had overtaken zoomed past....

Why is it 1 rule for the player and no restrictions to the AI? Just annoying tbh :(

Project Gotham Racing 3

Just a minor bug gripe this one really. Was minding my own business having a bit of a blast when my mate popped round - Yay! 2 player time. A few races later and I suggest a little 'Capture the Track'.

This seems to work well for the both of us as we are fairly evenly matched at racing games. I get the first circuit and my mate wins the second. We start on the third race (Boulevard Straits for those who care) but halfway through my mate recieves a call.

The game got paused while he dealt with it and we got right back to the game. Thirty seconds later I cross a sector split and notice my time for the sector to be 2 mins 38 seconds!! Quickly slide round the hairpin and pause the game again. I asked my mate to check his phone for how long the last call was.

1 min 30 secs he comes back with. Give or take that was the amount of time I was out on my normal time for the sector. Annoyed by this I put it to the test. I finish the lap and note my time is way out again but I take careful note of my 1st sector time.

The next lap I pause the game when I'm in the first sector for 15 secs. As I cross the next sector split and find that my time is out by approx 15 secs :( A rather annoying bug I feel but not game ruining so meh.

Anyhoo I appear to have prattled on long enough! Post your minor (or major) gaming greivances here :D! (Or don't :p)

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really a bug but i get so annoyed playing fifa '06 on my psp, i get a player sent off for a sliding tackle from behind in the middle of the pitch, fine fine thats the rules i guess.

The i'm clean through on goal and get hacked down by the computer defender...last man..should be an instant red...noooo EA don't apply the rules like the rest of us, apparantly its only a free kick.

Hmm...annoying to the extreme.

Associate
All my annoyances come from RR6 yet I keep going back and trying again, currently I'm stuck on 2 parts one of the no-nitro races and the other one is a normal race, number 75 I think I just cannot win, I start great, hit no one, ultimate charge round corners everything I just cannot get past the last 2 as soon as I hit nitro near the end so do they :mad:

Permabanned
leeb said:
Dead or Alive 4. Alpha 152. Do I need to go on? ;)

Couldnt agree more! Got fed up with this game pretty fast, I just couldnt be bothered with losing constantly to her after progressing through the story modes
without too much difficulty. :rolleyes:

Very frustrating! :)

Back
Top Bottom