Game keeps freezing

Soldato
Hi peeps,

I have a amd 64 3500 newcastle with 1 gig ram, 400 gig hdd and a nvidia geforce 4600 TI graphics card...

Whilst playing games onlines i.e. COD2 to be specific the game keeps freezing, it only used to happen now and then but recently it happens all the time....

I think its because the graphics card is overheating? I'm not an expert though so thought I would come and ask the experts :)

Sorry for not creating this thread in graphic cards section I'm not totally sure why its happens therefore chose to post the thread in a more generic area...

Thanks in advance for any responses I recieve

Cheers!!

Soldato
OP
Whilst playing the game online it freezes for about 10 - 15 secs and then carries on running fine for a few minutes then freezes again....You can still see the picture etc but its frozen and no controls work, its like the game locks up.

The last time I played the game offline it was fine the game did not freeze while I was playing it ....

Hope this helps?

Soldato
OP
Sorry for being a such a n00b....

I have a 1mb adsl connection.....

If it is a connection lag can this be fixed or am do I just have to perserve with it?

Thanks for all your help so far its most appreciated......

Soldato
OP
I played the same game COD2 offline constantly for an hour and the game did not freeze up at any point, it was smooth and normal throughout this time....

Therefore I can confirm the game only freezes whilst online, when it freezes as I said previously it pauses for 10 - 15 seconds during which time I cannot play or control the game thereafter it goes back to normal....

Funnily enough I tried playing it on a diff server last night and found that the game did not freeze....hmmmmm

So am I to assume its just that server that has connection lag issues?

Soldato
OP
Update:

Have been playing the game offline today and it's started to happen offline as well now....Same occurences....

I am playing the game and it locks up for a 10 - 15 secs then carries on running fine...hmmmmmm

Could it be my graphics card just cannot handle this game?

Soldato
OP
Ermmm.....no........becuz I don't like the idea of oiling the cooler on the gfx card....thanks for your advice but I am some what reluctant to lube up any parts...

Is there anything else I can try

Soldato
OP
Hey,

I cleaned the HSF and the cooler on top of the gfx card which were both covered actually swimming in dust and then tried playing COD2 online and I managed to played an entire level without the game freezing.....

Excellent

Thanks Guys......

P.S. I will see how it goes over the next few days and will report back.....

Another satisfied customer :) cheers really appreciate that

Soldato
OP
Just been playing COD2 online and unfortunately the problem is back :(

It did play a lot smoother after cleaning however now its freezing again :(

Please help

Soldato
OP
Those temps are when the pc is idle but i did just close down COD2 like 1 min before....

After checking again the CPU is 50C idle....

The cooler fan on the gfx card does run freely I ran both tests you suggested and now has only freezed twice after I played it for hours....

I may look into getting a replacement cooler but is it really worth it if there cooler is running freely?

Soldato
OP
good thinking batman.....

I really do appreciate all yer help I am very grateful I owe you a massive pint :)

I will test it tomoz and report back asap.....

R u on MSN??

Back
Top Bottom