GAME lose another supplier

Associate
Just noticed that GAME was stocking Mass Effect 3 so it looks like they must be in a financially stable position for EA to allow them to stock the game. That, or the trade agreements have been changed.

Either way good to see GAME is making somewhat of a recovery. It might get a bit of abuse from people but I like store in general.

Associate
Well it looks like they are out of the woods but have not learn't anything yet; went into Gamestation on Saturday and saw Pandoras tower for £39.99. Is £29.99 online. Seriously, unless they change dramatically the we will be talking about this again in a year.

More and more people are going to get wise that they can get the same item elsewhere for much much cheaper - not 5% or 10% cheaper, but sometimes up to 25%.

Only a matter of time imo.

Associate
Well it looks like they are out of the woods but have not learn't anything yet; went into Gamestation on Saturday and saw Pandoras tower for £39.99. Is £29.99 online. Seriously, unless they change dramatically the we will be talking about this again in a year.

More and more people are going to get wise that they can get the same item elsewhere for much much cheaper - not 5% or 10% cheaper, but sometimes up to 25%.

Only a matter of time imo.

Any big changes will be a few months off yet. The buyers will be looking through the books seeing how best to plan out the business over the coming years, what changes are required etc. It took them a year to get to that point with Comet IIRC. For the moment, it will just be the status quo.

Caporegime
I thought when you took over a company you took on the liabilities and bills, etc.

Depends on the terms of the purchase. If you purchase a company as a "going concern" i.e. as a viable business then you do. If you purchase parts of it as part of an administration then you don't. The administrators deal with the creditors and sell off any viable assets of the business to pay off the creditors. So in this case, the administrators will have sold off the trade, the shops, the stock, etc to the new owners and used whatever funds were raised to pay off some of the creditors, although they'll have got like 10p in the pound or some other piddly amount.

Soldato
As Strife says, that's only Australia which now only shares the same name and is nothing to do with the company that now operates Game in the UK.

Associate
my game store is telling customers all gamestations are closeing down, and they wont let you user your points.

i have now ripped up my card and i wont shop their again,

I heard the opposite and have seen lot more Game stores close then Gamestation also was sent email about for limited time transfer my points from Game to Gamestation in store.

Soldato
well my game MP3 PC Collectors got randomly cancelled (I had forgot about it tbh as i found it for 65). That the same thing happened with my Diablo 3 collectors edition but i re-ordered it and it got cancelled again. Gave up and emailed them and never got a reply

Ordered both games from game stop instead and saved myself £40 quid in the process.

Seems like they don't want my money any more lol

Back
Top Bottom