Gamepad driver issue ?!

Associate
Hello,

I've been playing with my old gamepad for years with no problem, but recently like a year ago. The right joystick camera started to get freezed up!!

I thought the gamepad is going faulty and I have to buy a new one. I bought a new one from Amazon and also the issue is there!

That I knew it's a software problem, I thought the windows 10 latest update including the gamepad driver update is the problem and the drivers on microsoft are updated.

What to do now?

Associate
OP
What model is the gamepad?

Have you thought about switching to a Xbox One gamepad?
It's easySMX.

No I haven't, before like a year didn't have any problems. But I know it's drivers conflicts.

Because Windows 10 has its own root for Xbox peripherals and there's also USB drivers.

I'm thinking of installing Ubuntu to be sure if it's hardware or software problem.

Associate
And after a run of a game where I could use the right analog stick, I had no issues with control issues so I'd put it down to the controller not playing nice with the new driver which would be the given for a cheap Chineseium controller.

My suggestion would be to either get an official 360 controller, a third party controller from a well known manufacturer like logitech or just get a wired xbox one controller from the likes of powerA which are officially licensed controllers.

Back
Top Bottom