Games Freezing

Associate
i have built a new computer and it is working but everytime i try to play games (tested with train sim, flight sim, half life 2, battlefield 2) the game plays fine for a few seconds then freezes up then runs fine for a few seconds then freezes up constantly so makes any games unplayable this is also happening when i try to use the media centre application on xp media centre edition i have tested with 2 different sets of ram, 2 installs of windows (XP media centre and XP Pro) and as i ordered 2 graphics cards to allow for crossfire mode i have tried both of these together and both seperately (When Using the slave card only i get lots of graphics errors and wierd red pixels and lines appearing on the screen). I have updated all the drivers on the computer to the latest version of direct X, latest radeon drivers and latest motherboard/soundcard drivers.

The Spec is:

CPU=AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ ~2.2GHz (2 CPU)
BiosDate=01/20/06
Memory=2GB DDR 333MHz
OS=Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2(5.1.2600)(Media Centre Edition)
GRAPHICS=2 X Radeon X1800 (Crossfire and slave cards)
Motherboard=ASUS A8R32-MVP

Any Suggestions?

The games so far are train sim, flight sim, half life 2, battlefield 2 and also the media centre program in xp aswell im currently trying it without the slave card with the same results?

Back
Top Bottom