Games in Window Mode?

Soldato
Can you run any games in window mode or just some? And if you can, how do you do it since on the games I been playing there seem to be no options to run it in window mode..

Any advice and suggestions is, as always, greatly appreciated! :)

Soldato
OP
Alt + Enter will usually put a game into windowed mode if it's able.

Ok, just tried that quickly and it wont work in either Ages of Empires III or Imperium Romanum, which are the two I am playing at the moment.. :(

Most games can be played in windowed mode, though sometimes you'll have to go through a bit of hassle to get them working in it.

Would you by any chance happen to know how to make the two games above to be played in Windows mode.. or maybe direct me to some place where I can read about how to do it?!?

Thansk for your advice so far guys, greatly appreciated! :)

Edit:
If alt+enter doesn't, some games have the -window tag on the command line which forces windowed mode. Warcraft 3 comes to mind.

uhmm what command line would that be?!?

Soldato
Sorry, edit the shortcut. For example, for WC3 I have:

"C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe" -windowed

As the target. Though when I want something running windowed that doesn't natively support it as an option, google often helps.

Apparently AoE3 has windowed mode as an option (see here under settings).
And for Imperiam Romanum, a google search revealed this solution.

Soldato
OP
Sorry, edit the shortcut. For example, for WC3 I have:

"C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe" -windowed

As the target. Though when I want something running windowed that doesn't natively support it as an option, google often helps.

Apparently AoE3 has windowed mode as an option (see here under settings).
And for Imperiam Romanum, a google search revealed this solution.

Thanks iviv, totally missed the windowed option in AoE III! :o Got it working onw though, thank you very much! :)

As to the IR solution, going to have a look into that one and see if I can sort it out.. :)

Once again, thank you very much for your help! :D

Back
Top Bottom