Games that give you a headache?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The Bioshock 2 and Bioshock 1 engines always seem to give me a light headache after playing for an hour+ - it's strange, it's only in these 2 games and I play hour+ long sessions on various other games (TF2/L4D etc) without problem.

What is it with the Bioshock engine that does this!

FWIW I don't suffer any medical condition of any sort and this isn't a medical thread :p

*tin foil hat*

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
It's only in these 2 games heh, it's something to do with the engine, the way the mouse look moves, it's not as ...natural?...as any other FPS game!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
I would like to change the FOV as it is far too zoomed in, I think this may be the cause of the problem in fact now that you've mentioned it!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
60fps (vsync) - Vsync off is obviously higher but there is bad tearing in this game. It's the only FPS I need to play with vsync on, again, no other game has tearing either!

Edit*

Temp fix!

In your USER directory under AppData/Roaming find Bioshock2/user.ini and edit the numpad bindings to:

NumPad6=SetFOV 85
NumPad7=SetFOV 90
NumPad8=SetFOV 95
NumPad9=SetFOV 100

I find 100 looks nice and wide, just how I like it.

When you zoom the FOV resets (hence only a temp fix) so you need to press the button for your chosen FOV again.

85:
75.jpg

90:
85.jpg

95:
95.jpg

100:
100.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
2k games said on their forum they will not be changing the lock 75 FOV which is a bit of an asshat move - it means we're stuck with modding and using FOV patches to sort it I guess.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
You can /NumPad9=SetFOV 100 to the end of the W bind for example but if the patch does fix it then that should be it.

The forum post said they were not going to fix vertical fov from 75! Hmm.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
maybe you have problems with more games since this runs on Unreal Engine if not mistaken

Maybe you should read again :p

The issue is only with Bioshock and Bioshock 2, well not 1 anymore since they fixed it with the patch and now with the FOV hack Bioshock 2 is sort of fixed too.

Just look at my screenshots above and see how zoomed in the fov is, it's totally mind numbing at the defaults for a widescreen gamer.

Back
Top Bottom