Gaming Chair For Long Term Gaming?

Associate
Hi guys. I am currently looking for the best gaming chair for long term gaming, I have been checking out several guides and it seems as if they don't want you to buy gaming chairs like the DX racer or AX gamer chairs, but more like Herman miler embody, and other brands that are actually not 'branded' gaming chairs. For example this Best pc gaming chair guide recommends most regular office chairs rather than branded gaming chairs, so it overall confuses me.

I decided I thought I would ask here... What are your thoughts on the best gaming chairs for long term gaming? Any recommendations? (My current pick is IKEA Markus or Ergohuman).

MGP

MGP

Soldato
The choice of a chair can be quite subjective. We all have different body shapes so what is great for one may not be so good for another. I fear any review can thus be influenced by factors that are not easily measured.

The majority of gaming chairs seem to be based around derivatives of racing type car seats. They will have varying widths, height and arm rest styles. Most allow seat back tilt, and stuff. But the vast majority have a predefined shape of the seat back and may simply offer a cushion on elasticated straps to provide some lumbar support.

But then most "office" type "executive" rather than "task" chairs at the cheaper end of the market only offer similar adjustment, and indeed many at the simple end of the market won't even allow the back tilt to adjust and don't provide added cushions for lumbar support. So the cair fits or it doesn't. My office chair seemed OK for a few days, but I see it's limitations now, and yet the AK Racing chair I've had at home and most recently a Noble are far more comfortable, albiet that the lumbar support is still not perfect. The Markus you suggest doesn't seem to have lumbar adjustment.

So if you are paying up to a couple of hundred, you have to work with limitations of adjustment, and find one that fits you. If you have a few hundred to spare then there will be more versatility allowing you to make the chair fit you.

Soldato
Work within your budget. Sit on those you can afford.
How long will you spend in one each day?

I have a C80 Nitro which is very comfy but not very adjustable and a Noble Epic which is incredible (even if i can't use it properly until tomorrow). I've just got rid of my Markus after 8 years.

As above, it depends on the person and I strongly suggest trying out a few first.

Soldato
These 'gaming chairs' are over priced tat. Better off buying a second hand herman miller.

I agree with the gaming chairs but not the Herman Miller, they are good chairs but if you don't have £400 to blow on a chair then plenty of other good options are about, I'll probably get the Aeron next though when my leap gets totally nackered.

Back
Top Bottom