Gaming headset that can double up for music

Associate
Afternoon folks,

Just wanting any suggestions you might have for headphones that would double up for audio use outside of gaming.

I've seen Senheiser are typically good options on this front but thought i'd ask

No budget constraints either - I had some Bose Quietcomfort 35s that have recently given up the ghost.

Thanks in advance,

Soldato
I purchased the Sennheiser HD599 this year as I wanted a good gaming headset but also performed well for Music.

It's been perfect for me and I highly recommend them however AKG make some great headphones too so it does really depend on what type of games you play.

For competitive FPS, the HD599s are probably best. For a more 'fun' sound then maybe one of the AKGs.

Soldato
Really depends on if you want that soundstage and positioning, positioning for FPS games. Non gaming headphones ideally want a soundcard as you've the budget :)

Concur, I'd pair a GSX 1000 with any good headphones. I got a cracking deal on the GSX1000 and a GSP 600 that I couldn't say no to and it makes a massive difference.

Associate
I've previously owned a sennheiser gsx1000 paired with some sennheiser hd598's and it blew them out the water for music and was a good bit better for gaming.
Before that I had a sound blaster card with some decent sennheiser wireless cans and it blew them out the water for both.

I've also tried some Arctic Pros and I'd say they blew them away also but I didn't have that much time with the Arctics so I wouldn't say I gave them a fair test.

Soldato
For competitive FPS, the HD599s are probably best. For a more 'fun' sound then maybe one of the AKGs.
AKG K701/702 beats Sennheisers for competitiveness precisely with their neutral analytical sound.
Upper end of HD595 is step toward smoother sound and apparently Sennheiser has moved HD599 little toward warmer" sound direction, which doesn't improve binaural cues.

Back
Top Bottom