Gaming keyboard And mousepad

Associate
I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on which keyboard and mousepad would be best to fuel my gaming habits of FPS games :).

Explicit has already suggested the Saitek PZ30AU Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard and the Icemat - Black 2nd Edition, but i wanted to hear other peoples opinions as well.

Got G5 already, so the mouse is sorted. G15 too expensive :P

Cheers

i had a steelpad with my mx510 the other day, its an awesome mousepad imo,
i have to agreee with the eclipse its pretty sweet

I can second the Eclipse, nice keyboard. Simple lay out so the keys are easy to find while gaming. As for the mat Ive got a steelpad and an ice mat. I find the Ice mat much better as theres not friction, however its more a matter of prefrence I think as I no people that like the stellpad better. One advantage the steel pad has is size, about twice as big as a norma mouse mat.

I have the G5, Black Icemat and the Saitek Eclipse. If you get the Icemat don't forget to get the firmware update for the G5, it'll work much better. I'd also look at the Logitech G15 keyboard it looks pretty good. :cool: Oops just seen your comment about the G15. ;)

cheers for the input chaps, think im going to order these two soon :P. And willdo on that firmware update, didnt even know there was firmware. hehe

Yea, G15 is looking too pricy atm for £45+ for a kb. I might get it in the future but as im replacing the whole pc its a nono for now lol

Edit - actually i think there are red ones coming out soon (unless i read wrong). Might wait for them as i find red really attractive :)

Last edited:
Id say steel pad or icemat for the mouse mat.

As for the keyboard, a friend of mine has the saitek and it looks pretty cool in a low light room and very nice in the dark......BUT I dont know if I could live with it 24 hours a day myself, I think it may become annoying after a while but im sure passing owner wil comment on this.

Last edited:
The Steelpad S&S is the best mousemat i've used :)

I've used the Icemat v1 and 2 and a funcpad in the past but the S&S is definately the best in my eyes :) Very low profile and the mouse simply glides accross it, definately reccomend it to you.

Seems like you've already decided on the Eclipse - good choice. It's a really nice keyboard, feels great to type on and the backlighting's really good. You can dim it or turn it off altogether if you want as well. I think there is a red one coming out as well, I saw a review of it a while ago.

I think ill have to go with the steelpad now. I can always get an icemat if i dont like it. But yea, the red eclipse looks really hot. Cant wait for it tbh :D

Hmm, you said you mainly play FPS games?

I would recommend the ideazon z board. Had mine for about a year now, and I couldn't go back to a normal keyboard. The "butterfly" keys on it are absolutely brilliant.

Haven't tried the Saitek eclipse, so I can't comment on that.

Back
Top Bottom