Gaming laptop - good price?

Associate
Just bagged this from the Outlet - are these Alienware machines any good from the Outlet?

If not, its going back under DSR.

Alienware 17-R4
i7-7700HQ
16GB 2400Hz
128Gb SSD
1Tb SATA
GTX 1070 8GB
17.3" 1080p IPS

£1080 Inc.

Associate
OP
Good spot, I hadn't checked the warranty TBH but I have now and I understand it's a full 12 months as usual. It was a scratch & dent so I'm hoping it's not on the lid. Underneath would be fine.

It's here on the 8th so we'll see...

Associate
OP
Got the laptop yesterday with no marks visible so unsure why this is 'scratch and dent'..?

It also has Tobii IR Eye-tracking which is an added bonus.

Anyway, rang them up to return it ;) and as expected they offered me 10% back to keep it, so now its the right side of a grand I'll hang on to it.

Associate
I've had a few machines from Dell outlet and never had a problem with any of them (my latest machine is a Scratch and Dent Area 51 - not a scratch on it) .

Associate
OP
Just done some SSD benchmarks and noticed the 128GB SSD is actually an M.2 180GB 6Gbps. Happy days!

I can only assume with scratch and dent that they go through some sort of refurbishment cycle, perhaps replacing the parts that are badly scuffed/damaged..?

Then again, I would have thought that was the whole point of the item being so heavily reduced in price - dunno.

Back
Top Bottom