Gaming Laptop prices are now unrealistic

Associate
Hello, long time lurker on these forums but 1st post.

Having owned four gaming laptops over the past ten years , the current one being an Asus G751JY with 980m I find myself looking to upgrade to 10XX series nvidia.

Having never spent much in excess of £2200 on any one of those laptops , I am now struggling to find what i would consider a good overall package at around £1700 to £1999.

Whilst the price of other consumer electronics seems to be decreasing i.e TVs , mobiles and tablets whilst packing in more tech this doesnt seem to be the case for laptops.

I think that all gaming laptops should have at least a 1TB SSD and 1TB hard drive these days as a minimum with the size of game installations increasing exponentially ...Doom at over 70GB.

I realize there was a hicke in HDD prices a couple of years ago but that should've smoothed out now.

My current laptop -

ASUS G751JY 17.3-Inch Notebook (Intel Core i7-4860HQ 2.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD & 512GB SSD, Webcam, Nvidia 980m, Windows 8.1)

Cost just under £1700 in March 2015 and was pretty much top spec at the time

Just looking round overclockers, the rainforest etc a similar top spec laptop with that amount of storage seems scarce and if added as an option we now seen to be pushing prices north of £2700...

Have laptop manufacturers got more greedy in the past couple of years.....does a Gtx 1070 or 1060 cost more to bulk buy than the 980m' in 2015, are SSDs more expensive....or the screens...I'd really like to know as i can't justify the outlay for current gen of laptops

Back
Top Bottom