Gaming laptop recommendations - around £1500?

Associate
OP
Is there a way of checking the exact spec of a particular Asus machine from a serial number or part number? I did take a punt in the end and ordered the TUF A17 again. This one also refers to a 48Wh battery - clutching at straws maybe but I'm wondering if it is a generic sticker and maybe the actual unit is a 90Wh? Without breaking the seal on the box...is there any way to check? The serial number and part number are exactly as per this one: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...4800h-metal-grey-gaming-laptop-lt-29z-as.html

Associate
OP
I spoke to the seller this morning and they said they would contact Asus and try and figure out what's going on. I might give them a go myself. I guess if the machine is otherwise fine then I can probably live with the smaller battery...I'm just not sure that it is the same spec or if it's some older config that they have now improved. Nothing's easy is it? :)

Soldato
I'm now in the market for a new machine also. I'm unsure if I should be going for a 4600H or 4800H or get the 2060 card over the 1660ti or just got full blown and go the clevo route and get the desktop 3600/3700X paired with a 2070 for around £1,250.

Back
Top Bottom