Gaming laptop with displayport

Associate
Hi, I'm thinking about getting a gaming laptop and noticed some of them have a mini displayport e.g. this one - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...fhd-360hz-i7-13700h-gaming-lap-lt-0es-gi.html

I'd like to know if something like this could be connected to a G-Sync monitor via displayport and whether it would fully support G-Sync in the same way that a desktop GPU would - has anyone tried something like this with a gaming laptop?

There are other concerns like the version of displayport, bandwidth, 4K HDR support etc but one thing at a time :)

Man of Honour
It depends on the GPU in the laptop. If the laptop supports GSync and the monitor supports GSync then I think it should work fine. You can also get USBC to Displayport adapters if the laptop doesn't have Displayport.

Associate
It depends on the GPU in the laptop. If the laptop supports GSync and the monitor supports GSync then I think it should work fine. You can also get USBC to Displayport adapters if the laptop doesn't have Displayport.
I was just going to say, an adaptor would be the way forward rather than restricting yourself to a laptop with that specific output.

Back
Top Bottom