Gaming mice performance in windows

Associate
I have my razer copperhead on highest settings (1000hz / 2000dpi)at first i found it really sensitive compared to a wireless microsoft mouse, but now it feels normal now i am accustomed to it.

But then if it is too sensitive you can always adjust the sensitivity.

Justin

Soldato
I have an MX510 and speed wise it is fine, remember it is ajustable.

What you will notice is a huge increase in accuracy especially when doing things like photoshop

Soldato
Ive got a Logitech G7, great mouse and wireless so great on the desktop and games alike. Worth the money in my opinion!

Highly recommended!

Associate
I have a copperhead too, i would say that for gaming it is definatley worth the price. I used to have a bluetooth mouse, the copperhead took a couple of weeks to get used to, but like JustinB i now have mine on max settings and find it so much better to use, in games and windows :)

Soldato
If you can stretch for a good mouse, I'd get the G5 over the Copperhead. They use the same laser system but the Logitech is just more fuctional in my view and more comfortable (this is subjective though).

Soldato
i find all the extra buttons on the MX1000 absolutly superb for browsing and general use.
im absolutly lost when i come to college and my thumb is tapping on none existant buttons on the 10 yr old serial mice lol.

does the G7 have these extra function buttons >?

Soldato
Defcon5 said:
is the copperhead worth the cost?

Depends how much you value accuracy in fps games. The mx510+steelpad bundle is awesome value for money. I splashed out on the g5 but then I mostly play fps games, however the mx510 is still a brilliant mouse.

Soldato
trojan698 said:
Depends how much you value accuracy in fps games. The mx510+steelpad bundle is awesome value for money. I splashed out on the g5 but then I mostly play fps games.
Exactly.

In fact, I just upgraded from an MX510 to a G5. Love the G5. (Hate wireless mice so went for the G5 over G7). I'm a gamer so wanted to get a nice mouse. The MX510 is an excellent mouse all the same.

Soldato
I have the MX510 and Steelpad bundle and it's one great piece of kit.

In windows you will get used to using it on high sensitivity. I've currently got mine on full sensitivity and full acceleration and it's fine. What i did to get used to it was trun it up a notch, use it like that for a day, turn uit up again, use it like that for a day and so on. I now only have to slightly move the mouse for the cursor to get to the other side of the screen.

Soldato
mark1 said:
I have the MX510 and Steelpad bundle and it's one great piece of kit.

In windows you will get used to using it on high sensitivity. I've currently got mine on full sensitivity and full acceleration and it's fine. What i did to get used to it was trun it up a notch, use it like that for a day, turn uit up again, use it like that for a day and so on. I now only have to slightly move the mouse for the cursor to get to the other side of the screen.

full sen + acceleration? That must be a nightmare when gaming.. I find the acceleration v hard to control personally :eek:

Soldato
trojan698 said:
full sen + acceleration? That must be a nightmare when gaming.. I find the acceleration v hard to control personally :eek:
It turns off acceleration when in games. Theres an option in the control panel to disable acceleration in games.

Soldato
Just received the Copperhead, replacing a Diamondback. I've only had a MX500 and that was awesome, but these Razer things really do give Logitech a run for their money. I can't fault them. Aesthetically i'd got with the Razer as to why i've stuck with Razer for two generations, but as i have yet to feel the functionality and comfortability of the new Logitech mouses i can't comment.

Back
Top Bottom