Gaming Monitor

Associate
Hi, I just bought a Lenovo Legion T5 Intel Core i7-13700F 16GB RAM 1TB NVMe SSD GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming PC as my Christmas present. Now I am after a monitor to go with it, what would be the best one, haven't got a fortune to spend so the best mid range one, minimum 27 inch. Thanks. I am no expert hence I am relying on advice :)

Associate
3060Ti though, pushing it these days on 1440p a little unless the guy doesn't mind tweaking settings...
I feel at 27”, 1080p will look pretty rubbish even with everything turned up, and it’s future proof for when he upgrades the gpu. DLSS should also help get it over the line in most titles.

Soldato
1080P doesn't look great on a 27" display no but typically I would recommend people tweak a few settings and get a 1440P display rather than a 1080P one just to use 'Ultra' because the difference in resolution will make most things look much better in my experience and ...don't underestiamte this one, 1440P is much nicer when you are doing things that aren't gaming with the PC, which I have to assume most people do at some point, it's a more flexible, better balanced display. How a 3060Ti deals with 1440P now and in the future entirely depends on what you are playing of course.

Associate
1080P doesn't look great on a 27" display no but typically I would recommend people tweak a few settings and get a 1440P display rather than a 1080P one just to use 'Ultra' because the difference in resolution will make most things look much better in my experience and ...don't underestiamte this one, 1440P is much nicer when you are doing things that aren't gaming with the PC, which I have to assume most people do at some point, it's a more flexible, better balanced display. How a 3060Ti deals with 1440P now and in the future entirely depends on what you are playing of course.
There's always DLSS too!

Definitely agree with your point about using 1440p is nicer for general PC use. I still really enjoy using 1080p 240hz for FPS games - but general use (and single player games) on my PC, my 1440p monitor is just wayyyy more enjoyable to use.

I had the same monitor setup when I had my 3070 (so not much better than OP's 3060Ti) as I have with my current GPU and I could use my 1440p monitor with the 3070 with settings tweaked and using DLSS to make things work as well as they needed to. I don't think I ever struggled to get games to run at 60fps at 1440p.

Back
Top Bottom