Gaming PC upgrade advice

Associate
Hi all, never posted on here before but thought it was worth a shot based on the good advice i've read on here previously.

Basically i purchased my PC from OCUK in 2015, the "Liberator X6" AMD FX-6 6300 @ 4.1GHz Turbo Nvidia GeForce Six Core Gaming PC" which i primarily use for gaming.

I've noticed that i'm having to set the graphics lower and lower as time goes on so i basically want to know if it is possible to upgrade my PC with a few minor purchases (e.g. graphics card) or if it is worth breaking the bank and going all out for a new PC?

My current set up is:
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor, 3900 Mhz
Motherboard: MSI MS-7693
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Memory: 8GB RAM
HDD: 1x250GB SSD 1x1TB HDD
Case: BitFenix Shinobi

Any advice appreciated.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the replies guys.

@lltfdaniel - Thanks for this, i thought that would be the case but wanted to double check. I'd say that my budget is around £800 so what you linked works out pretty well. I take it that set up leaves a lot more room for upgrades as time goes on as well?

@Plec - Budget is around £800 i'd say but if an extra £100 gets me a drastic improvement then i'd push it to £900. As for the screen the one i have at the moment is pretty old so need an upgrade on that as well, i think the one i have now is 60hz.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the replies guys you've all given me a lot to think over :D

@Plec - As for my monitor you basically anticipated what i was thinking. My monitor is old so deff in need of an upgrade on that, think i'll be going with something similar to the build you posted and then look to invest about £100-200 in a new monitor. Was reading that the iiyama G2530HSU-B1 was a decent option but not sure if anyone has any other recommendations?

I can see the RX5700XT is about £100 more than the Vega 56 but would i be getting a lot more for my money for the extra £100? Or am i overloading on the graphics card compared to the rest of the build??

Back
Top Bottom