Gang of boys who threw flour at disabled woman 'put under police protection for their safety'

Caporegime
While on one hand they shouldn't have to tolerate violent threats being made, I suspect most of it is people venting but best to have that direct line to call just to be safe. I do have to wonder about the parent's priorities here.

I'm glad to see that the parent of one of the lads marched his son to the police station and grounded him indefinitely however the mother of one 15 year old is something else - she's worried about his birthday party being ruined? WTF??? Why is the little **** even having a birthday party after what he did?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...r-disabled-woman-police-protection-according/

Y78831P.jpg

Five boys – two aged 17 and three aged 15 – have been arrested and bailed after an image of the group smiling and pointing at the vulnerable victim as she cowered on a park bench in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk caused widespread disgust.

The boys cannot be identified because of their ages but the names of the four suspects and the boy who took the photo have been widely shared online.

A sixth boy – a 16-year-old – was also questioned under caution. The boy remains under investigation.

One of the boys is due to celebrate his 16th birthday, and his mother has said the incident could now jeopardise her son’s party.

She told MailOnline: “We can’t say anything about what went on over the weekend but my son’s name has been leaked over the internet and we’ve had threats.

“I’ve reported the abuse to police and we are now under their protection. If anyone comes to our home to cause problems, we have a number we can call which will get the police here straight away.

“This isn’t what we need. It's my son’s 16th birthday and we’ve got family here for his party.”

I'm guessing he didn't get much of a telling off after the incident, presumably she thinks it is just a phase and is giving him lots of reassurance.

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
OP
yeah we need to bring back the feeling that its ok to punish your children, the problem is tho what is "too much"?

I was at a house party where there was a new mum and baby present (or at least she was there for the early part of the evening - I don't hang around with crack head mum's who go partying with their new borns till 3am) anyway there was a Swedish girl present who didn't have a child herself but still took it upon herself to give the new mum some parenting advice. Apparently one school of thought in Sweden is to never say "no" to a baby/child and to just let them explore etc... I'm not quote sure about the justification for this... "something something negative reinforcement something something" was all I could gather. But apparently it is a thing in Sweden to not even attempt to correct your kids let alone discipline them. The sad part was that the new mum was lapping all this stuff up, smiling away etc.. "oh that's so interesting..." etc.. I really hope she was just humouring the girl because if that sort of thing carries on we're screwed. ****ing hippies!

Back
Top Bottom