GAP Insurance

Soldato
Hi All,

I know the old favourite for GAP insurance used to be ALA, but looks like they've stopped offering it anymore

KzvFRrb.png

Does anyone else have suggestions? My mother in law is buying a 1yr old Lexus and i said i'd get some quotes for her to compare against the Lexus quote.

Soldato
That's really strange especially the part about them believing other providers have paused providing GAP insurance as well, we got ours in November from ALA via the PistonHeads link, I'd be interested to see if other providers have indeed paused from providing as that would worry me if no-one is providing cover\quotes currently

Man of Honour
That's really strange especially the part about them believing other providers have paused providing GAP insurance as well, we got ours in November from ALA via the PistonHeads link, I'd be interested to see if other providers have indeed paused from providing as that would worry me if no-one is providing cover\quotes currently
The regulations changed at the very end of February meaning a lot of places stopped offering it.

I originally had it thrown in with my car as part of the deal but even the company Seat use stopped offering it just before I picked it up

Soldato
The regulations changed at the very end of February meaning a lot of places stopped offering it.

I originally had it thrown in with my car as part of the deal but even the company Seat use stopped offering it just before I picked it up
Hmm must be the regulations mean it's not a licence to print money then as I would imagine GAP insurance isn't claimed on half as much as normal car insurance (am I right in thinking it only comes into play for a total loss\write off?)

Associate
GAP insurance has stopped for everyone (except for a limited number of providers) while the FCA review if it offers good value to the consumer.

Associate
No need to review it, it simply doesn’t offer good value

I dunno - I paid 500 quid for it on my Polestar when it was just over a year old. If it’s written off just before the 3 year point, I get the invoice price plus 15% back.

Seems like a good deal to me personally, but like all insurances it’s about probability.

Soldato
Bought my last policy through Chris Knott Brokers. It was decent value and I thought the policy terms were pretty favourable. I didn't need to claim, but I was confident in the policy had I needed to.

Back
Top Bottom