garage flooring

Soldato
Hi

Has anyone had experience using vinyl flooring tiles?

Looking at these

Its looking around £330 to use these.

Are there any alternatives?

We are not looking to park a car in there but most likely some gym equipment at one end and some work area for diy at the other.

Garage is 2.6M x 6.1M.

Soldato
OP
Well i decided to go for it.

The tiles came next day and i have just fitted them today.

4rcF92a.jpg v2ruy0O.jpg

They went down easy but where a bit tough to cut with just a Stanley knife and a blunt hack saw.

Y65vjR5.jpg
mBdTpgV.jpg

Really pleased with the result. Garage is 6.1m X 2.6m and everything came to £330 delivered .
5k02mBS.jpg

I worked out 72 tiles needed but bought 75 just in case, turned out i needed exactly 75.

Soldato
OP
Do you find the garage is more insulated with the mats? Or no difference at all?

We haven't moved in yet so cant comment, we are waiting for carpets to be fitted in a few days.

They do butt up to the garage door but are not glued in place so the seal is not perfect.

Soldato
OP
Bit of a bump on this @utajoker are you able to send over some pictures of how you have done your internal edges, did you just cut the interlockers off on one side and leave a small gap like can be seen in this picture? Just looking to order some soon once I get the samples and decide which ones I want. Duramat looks cheapest so far.

mBdTpgV.jpg

Yes exactly that. The instructions said to leave a gap 5-10mm. I'm assuming for expansion. Cut the locking pieces off on one side and just trimmed to leave a similar gap on other side.

Garage is full and I cant see any edges to get pictures :p

Back
Top Bottom