Gas Barbecue

Associate
I know there is a big barbecue thread somewhere but cant find it. Anyway ive been looking around for a gas barbecue for summer obviously but also for all year round cooking so i dont stink the house out when cooking steaks or fish. All research says go for a weber so just a heads up for anyone looking homebase have reduced there weber's (there are non online just instore so phone around) and i got a weber E-310 for £199 (Around £500 on the web) which has got to be a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Numerous reasons?

Maybe I want to cook outside?
Can't remember the last time I managed to have a beer chicken, rack of ribs, numerous burgers and sausages and steaks on the go in the oven in my kitchen?
Also I don't buy this 'no difference in taste between a conventional oven grill and a gas bbq'
I mentioned convenience.

Not sure why these types of thread go on and on and on and on as some kind of real man e-peen fest.

I never said gas > charcoal or vice versa. OP stated he wanted something to not stink out kitchen. Concluded that gas for him was more convenient than charcoal. (which is 100% the case no matter how much or a pro you are at getting a charcoal bbq going.) So I told him go for it, I have a weber and can recommend. Mines actually 15 years old and still going strong.

Does get pretty pathetic if you think about it :D

Seems weber are the got to for bbq's thats why ive been looking and to get one for £199 is a great bargain. Hope someone else will benefit. Looking forward to cooking steaks/burgers and grilled fish in the winter :)

anyone know best place to buy patio gas?

Associate
OP
Looking at gas bottles for the weber which has a 27mm regulator fitted which only fits patio gas bottles. There are only two sizes 13kg or 5kg. I see only a 5kg bottle fits inside the barbecue which are around £25 and thats just for a refill.

Checking out calors website i see they do a 6kg protane gas bottle which looking at the dimensions (495x256) will fit inside and its only £18 a bottle! Has anyone swapped out the regulator on there gas bbq to get gas cheaper?

Back
Top Bottom