GCSE Results thread

Soldato
Hey everyone, GCSE results are out tomorrow so I thought I'd start the thread today! How is everyone feeling? I'm really nervous, especially about my English and Science :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
kicks66 said:
i need 4As and 2Bs to get into my sixth form, im not sure wether ill get in :/

plus, i want to carry on through college/6th form and uni but im not sure what ill do if i dont get in :(

Sheesh! Our 6th form requires 5 GCSES C+ (inc English, Maths, Science) I'm going to college (hopefully) All I need is 4 GCSEs C+ (Inc English, Maths and a science) All I know is I have passed Graphics and Food tech as I got an A* in my food tech coursework which is worth 60% (101 out of 102) and an A for my Graphics coursework worth 60% (73 out of 102)

georges said:
Hmm.. Getting mine at 10.

Hopefully will be what I aimed for :)

If not, I have 1.5L of vodka at the ready for the party tomorrow night ;)

LOL! I donno what I'm going to do tomorrow. If they're bad I don't think I will be in the mood to go out :(. Me and my friend are going in for 9 so that when 10 comes we can be in and out without the hustle and bustle.

Zefan said:
Two years of work, forgotten in one night. :eek:

I've forgotten most of my subject work already

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Kroegen said:
I remember getting mine. Such a long wait. It turned out well for me. I didnt even revise for any of my tests. I got an A, B's, and a few C's :)

Well done m8! My target grades:
R.E (Full Course): A or A* (I've been getting high A's in mock exams)
Food tech: A* or A (I'm good at it, Coursework was 60% and I got 101 out of 102)
Graphics: A or B (Coursework was a good A)
English Lang: B, English Lit: C
Science (Double award, Higher): C
Maths: B
ICT full course: Merit (Equiz to 4 B's)

As long as I pass all my exams though I'll be happy as it'll mean I can get into college :)

Soldato
OP
Solac said:
I'm nervous aswell, at my school dorrs open at 10:30 so im meating my mate at the gates at 10:30 ready for them. If there bad I think ill try to sneak out of the room without anyone having chance of asking me how did you do :D

LMAO sounds like a plan. I don't think I want to be around people celebrating when I'm down :(

Soldato
OP
sniffy said:
Are the results being mailed to us or do we need to go in to collect them? I would have thought the latter but I've had no letters informing me when to go in nor did anyone mention it when at college.

I retook my English GCSE at 6th form btw.

We have to and collect the :)

Soldato
OP
Syk3 said:
Anyone else..bricking tomorrow? opening the results and seeing all your exams compared to another?

I am :(

Yeah I'm pooing myself. I've had about 3.5hours sleep (not very tired though) I just plan getting in and out, home and then out with friends.

sjohal2006 said:
Just read that my GCSE's im starting are going to be harder

"The worries have prompted the government to pilot tougher English and Maths GCSE courses over the next two years."

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/art..._L23308619_RTRUKOC_0_UK-BRITAIN-EDUCATION.xml

Aaar well.... :rolleyes:

I read about this in a newspaper (Telegraph I believe) Apparently coursework HAS to be done in school and in examination conditions :eek:

naffa said:
Well I haven't been reading this thread.. But my first post tomorrow/later will be on here and will be my results. I'm not really bothered about finding out.. But I'm not holding out high hopes either. :(

I was one of the worst people for coursework.. Developed ME half way through the year so ended up with 8 GCSEs. :o

Ah well.. At least you guys will be here to cheer me up

I'll probaly go find my results, share results with friends, phone home to tell results, phone my dad to tell results (at work), phone my sisters with results (at work to), phone up college to tell them grades and then I'll post on here *Gasps for air* 2:48 minutes left

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

English Language: A
English Literature: C
Maths: B
Science: 2xB
Food Tech: A*
Graphics: A
R.E: A
ICT: Pass (X4 C's)

Well done everyone ^.^ I know all my friends were happy :)

Back
Top Bottom