Associate
Hi,
I'm from Brisbane Australia and have build my computers when needed - but that doesn't happen too often as I have too many hobbies and not enough $ :)

Most recent build was an mATX in a really small (custom case) that a mate designed and cut in clear perspex.

Specs are
Mobo: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX AM4 Micro-ATX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: 64GB DDR4 -
(2x16G) G.Skill 3200Mhz Ripjaws V RAM PN F4-3200C16D-32GVK
(2x16G) G.Skill 3200Mhz Aegis F4-3200C16D-32GIS
GPU: Powercolor Radeon 5700XT Red Dragon
PSU: Corsair SF600 600W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular SFX
SSD1 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe MZ-V7S2T0BW
SSD2: 2TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro PCIe M.2 PN ASX8200PNP-2TT-C
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-L12S Low Profile
Case fan: Noctua A12x25 PWM Premium Quality Quiet 120mm PC Case Fan 2000rpm NF-A12x25 PWM

What else? Oh yeah

I'm into GSX1400 motorcycles and created and run a forum for owners / those interested.
Not sure if I am allowed to post links put if you google gsx1400 owners you should find it.
A lot of the forum members are in the UK :)

So aside from GSX1400s in particular and motorcycles in general... what else am I into?

Shooting and hunting. I spend a bit of time breaking clays with the old SxS and get out after the pigs, bunnies, foxes, feral dogs and cats when I can. The occasional deer too, I love venison !!!

I also enjoy four wheel driving, and am a mad Land Rover fan (again a UK connection) . So far I've owned.... five. Currently drive a 1995 Defender 130.

I have an interest in maritime history and run a website specifically related to a gunboat 'Gayundah' and our Queensland colonial navy. (Queensland - another UK connection)

and whatever else grabs my attention. Oh look ! A shiny thing !!!

WHY

So why did I join the UK forum? Well I'm already a member of an Australian (roughly) equivalent forum, but as I know quite a few UK people I figured it would be handy to keep an eye on that side of the world.

I'll probably be lurking much more than posting - but hi !

edit: Oh one last question - I think there's a 'members markets" or something along those lines? How/when do I get access to those? I'm not selling (obviously LOL) but would like to see what people are selling and 2nd hand prices as I may be helping a mate over there with a modest upgrade. (I'll post a separate thread on that seeking suggestions for the upgrade itself) )

Thanks.

Last edited:
Commissario
Welcome to the forum:)

We've got a few other Australians on here that I know about, and at least one guy in New Zealand from memory, and they sometimes seem to like to taunt us by showing us what that vague glowy thing we can occasionally vaguely see through the clouds really is;)

Members Market should appear at 1000 posts and six months on the forum.

Associate
OP
1000 posts and six months? Wow that's a long time.

I can understand the forum doesn't want to be flooded with people who join up just to flog stuff - but I reckon it'd be good if newer members could view / reply to stuff as BUYERS. Increases the market for sellers too. Just my $0.02 :cool:

Associate
OP
We've got a few other Australians on here that I know about, and at least one guy in New Zealand from memory, and they sometimes seem to like to taunt us by showing us what that vague glowy thing we can occasionally vaguely see through the clouds really is;)

The vague glowy thing you can see to the East will be an unwelcome gift from Putin.

Down here we do have a thing called the Sun :D

Edit: I'm getting involved on here offering some advice in the build forum, and with a question to ask myself. Tells me I am limited to 15 posts per 24 hours?

Last edited:
Commissario
1000 posts and six months? Wow that's a long time.

I can understand the forum doesn't want to be flooded with people who join up just to flog stuff - but I reckon it'd be good if newer members could view / reply to stuff as BUYERS. Increases the market for sellers too. Just my $0.02 :cool:

I doubt very much anyone would sell to you as you're around the other side of the world. Shipping costs etc.

Enjoy the community, and leave the running of the MM to the experts.;)

Associate
OP
I doubt very much anyone would sell to you as you're around the other side of the world. Shipping costs etc.
I wasn't intending to buy for myself and ship here LOL. Was thinking of what my be available for a mate in the UK - by way of a gift of sorts to him :)

leave the running of the MM to the experts.;)

Of course I will, after all I'm only a guest in their house :)

It's just that as I run (and have run in the past) a number of forums I have a different perspective on things like this, and it's always interesting to see how others approach the issue and try to understand why they do it they way they do. Call it professional curiosity :)

Back
Top Bottom