Geek Squad is the biggest scam in gaming

Soldato
A 5 year old could do this. I feel sorry for anyone that falls for this scam.

rjgvid.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Why not, if the customer is rich and wants to save time then go for it.

Lots of similar things out there, not everyone is as technology minded as the people of this forum.

Are you ****** serious? save time? like 5 minutes?

If you're going to buy a PS3, you obviously know a thing or two about what you're buying. You don't just spend £250/$300 on something without knowing a shred of detail about the product. Most of the stuff they are charging you is a simple button press.

Most people have filled out thousands and thousands of forms in their life, forms a lot more complicated than setting up a psn account. I'm pretty sure anyone on the face of this earth can figure out how a console works.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They've obviously had a lot of call for it to get the promotional material together.

You know, I'm pretty sure if you call Sony and ask them you are having a hard time setting up a psn account, they'd guide you through it on the phone right there and then.

Most people that feel intimidated by todays technology usually have children to set up their stuff for them anyway. If I found out my parents paid someone to set up their pc, I'd be fuming... and also my feelings would be hurt. :(

Soldato
OP
I really don't understand why so many people are outraged by this? I mean sure, it's overpriced, but the service wouldn't exist if there wasn't a demand for it. If people are prepared to pay that price then it will be done, if they sell none of those installs due to the price they'll reduce it.

Because they are charging you something that you already get when you buy the system. The manual is more than enough to guide you through each process.

Who is this service for anyway? Who is buying a console and is so ill informed that they need to pay half what the console cost just to get it set up?

Soldato
OP
You cannot seriously be that misguided? The whole point of the service is for those things to be done for you without you needing to look at the manual. Almost every set up service in existance could be done with just looking at the manual but people still pay for it because they don't want to have to do it themselves.

Nothing about the service is a con at all, it quite clearly lists what they do. If they listed things on there and then didn't do them then it would be a con, as it is it's just an expensive service aimed at a niche market of people who have the money spare but want things done for them. I wouldn't buy it, neither would you, neither would probably anyone on this forum. The thing is though, it's not a service aimed at people who are technically sound with electronics, it's aimed at people that aren't and don't want to learn.

Its a con. I don't buy that anyone is too lazy to read a manual. If someone can save $130 just by reading a few pages in a manual, I'm sure they would take the plunge and actually read it. Since the economy is to **** right now, who in their right mind is going to pay for something that takes 5 minutes?

I don't think anyone in this day and age is that dumb. Everyone has a mobile phone and using one of those is probably a lot more complicated than using a game console for most people.

The Geek Squad are just trying to swindle you out of your money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom