• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
Much as the price of flagship smartphones steadily rises each year, the GPU vendors will price each iteration according to what people are willing to pay...

I can't see Nvidia doing anyone any favours when it comes to releasing these. It's been that long since the 1080ti was released and, with no current competition in pure performance terms from AMD, they can hear you all clamouring and salivating with your wallets out and will price accordingly...

Or maybe I'm just a cynic :p

well, IF the 1180s are minor upgrades at best over the 1080ti but fetch a huge premium, i will just have to hope i can get a 2nd hand bargain as those who must always have the latest and greatest dump their old cards.

Presumably if there are these mountains of stock piled 1180s being readied (according to some reports) the old cards are gonna have to go somewhere.

Permabanned
I am an old man,

I remember the 1960s when people did interesting things with interesting results.

Are you having a 1960s moment right now.:D

I don't know about the 1960s. My mom had been a teenager in the later part of that decade.
I am just asking if that is gramatically incorrect English.

And I don't like such changes in the language.

Associate
I don't know about the 1960s. My mom had been a teenager in the later part of that decade.
I am just asking if that is gramatically incorrect English.

And I don't like such changes in the language.
I mean Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
7nm for NVidia is the big unknown. Because we know that Apple & AMD have almost fully booked TSMC 7nm production for years to come.
Would be great if true. AMD can finally use the process advantage to claw back some market share.

But knowing nvidia, they will make a low quantity monster of a GPU on 7nm just to make sure they keep performance crown at the very least. I am sure TSMC would find some space for a few wafers at double or triple the price :p

Anyone up for some Titan Tt at 5K a pop? I am sure Kaapstad would take 2 :D

Soldato

No, we will have reached Type III on the Kardashev scale, in possession of energy equivalent to the scale of our own galaxy, the ability to tap into the energy released from supermassive black holes and accessibility to power comparable to the luminosity of the entire Milky Way. Which is ironic, as we'll need all that just to cool Intel's CPUs by then! :D

Back
Top Bottom