• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce now ultimate - most impressive!

Caporegime
Decided to try this as a trial for £18 and also because cp update next week. Remember using it a while back ago, just the free tier for assassins creed odyssey and it was ok, didn't blow my socks of and noticed some loss in IQ.

But got to say, extremely impressed with the ultimate tier, noticed no latency issues at all as long as fps is 60/70 + fps. IQ is pretty much on point, couldn't notice any significant issues, essentially playing cp 2077 with ray tracing was overall just a better experience than playing natively on my 3080/5800x3d setup.

Oh and best of all, my pc doesn't even use the electricity thus no noise or extra heat, 3080 fans remain off :cry:

Frame generation is as good as all of the sites have stated too :cool: There is a slight latency increase (as we all know, the higher your base fps, the less noticeable the latency is, so definitely make sure you get 60 fps before enabling it), however, the extra smoothness gained is well worth it. Got to give credit where due, nvidia knocked it out of the park with frame gen.

RJ8LqcT.jpg

KRlxlgX.jpg

Vo0zKnQ.jpg

hW3PGS9.jpg

r0Tiuqc.jpg

k41bH2T.jpg

So yeah, £18 for a 4080, not bad :p @TNA Get yourself a bargain :D

Makes me want a 4090 now even more but I think this will tie me over till the 50xx series.

Biggest disadvantage will be lack of modding ability, however, I have read, if using steam games and mod workshop, it's fine.

Last edited:
Not my thing, but great option to have and I glad it is good enough for single player games.

Not even looked into how it works. But could be a decent way to game in the summer if one wanted? Lol.

Honestly would give it a try, genuinely wasn't expecting it to be as good as what it is. Read mixed reports on the other tiers but ultimate one is really good, as said, the whole experience on CP 2077 was better than my current pc.

But yeah huge plus for summer haha.

Reactions: TNA
Probably is an upgrade from DLSS performance mode tbh.

Well obviously a 4080 is going to provide better performance than a 3080 especially in RT so it's not surprising FPS is better.....

Point is the whole experience it provided is fantastic especially for those not wanting to pay the extortionate gpu prices from both amd and nvidia. I've got both a 55" 4k oled and 3440x1440 qd-oled screen so would notice if there was a big hit to IQ especially regarding bit rate, which would be very evident in darker areas but alas, it's great. I was expecting the latency to be pretty noticeable too but again, it's not. I have 1GB internet though so other peoples experience with lesser internet may suck.

KelDjOo.png

Ret9LNg.png

Lets put it this way, 4080/top end gaming experience at £18 a month works out to be £216 for a year or £432 for 2 years, not too bad. Either way, it's a good way for the nay sayers to get the experience of frame gen themselves and as most reviewers have stated, when your base fps is 60 + fps, it's a game changer and this is being streamed too.

One big downside/problem is if the game isn't on geforce now though.....

Last edited:
Good to see more people posting their experience with the "ultimate" tier, just goes to show how out of touch some of the naysayers are.

I'm not sure why it's such a big issue and you're getting so offended by these things? If you don't like it, simply don't pay for it?

Do you expect them to allow people to use their tech/server centres/4080s for free? And is it really surprising that they don't want their competition to be using their tech? Perhaps amd and intel or other cloud streaming services can come up with their own solutions to provide competition and thus force nvidia to provide it for cheaper or/and expand their support?

Some more comparisons from one of our members on here:

@Purgatory

Can you not discuss the points or answer the questions raised rather than going of on one and resorting to childish remarks? (something which you have given of about before?)

Keep to the topic and answer these questions:

Do you expect them to allow people to use their tech/server centres/4080s for free? And is it really surprising that they don't want their competition to be using their tech? Perhaps amd and intel or other cloud streaming services can come up with their own solutions to provide competition and thus force nvidia to provide it for cheaper or/and expand their support?

What exactly do you "want" to see nvidia do?

Last edited:
Popcorn.gif :D

It's funny though, how much does a cinema ticket cost to see a film which lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes? (not even factoring in if you're buying food, drink etc.) How much does netflx, amazon, disney etc. cost?

Is netflix, disney, amazon prime and so on not "normal" either then?

Yes, the price is steep but in the grand scheme of things, is it really when you look at other cloud centric services?

Again, what do you propose nvidia do? Would it have been better to provide 1 day for free to "trial" the 4080 rig, yes of course it would be but that's not how the real world and these multi billion/trillion companies work. It's clear you have a lot of hatred for nvidia for whatever reason (probably since they removed the connector thing and priced you out from future upgrades?) but again, you vote with your wallet or go buy the competition to send a message, as simple as that or maybe it isn't because the competition aren't providing you with what you want hence why you still haven't moved on from nvidia?

Last edited:
Not allowed to make that comparison :p

Not sure why he is acting all surprised and disgusted though. This is Nvidia, we all knew the cheap prices you was getting last year would not last.

Yeah shock horror a company is wanting to increase their profits! How dare they have the cheek to ask for money for a service they provide :p

Funny thing is, originally people were slating it because "lol streaming your games with cloud compression, lag etc." and now as shown by this very thread by people who have given it a try for themselves, turns out it's actually very good in the quality and what it offers especially over other cloud streaming services and people don't actually care if they own the gpu physically or not since you get the benefits of little to no electrcity use/cost and a silent rig so the go to slagging of point is now "how dare nvidia charge for this!!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the new cloud Gsync feature yesterday and I was definitely impressed, it felt even closer to a local PC.

I always thought gsync/vrr was supported as when I used it for CP 2077, I couldn't see any screen tearing and the fps was fluctuating between 70-120 fps unless it was a different kind of support or something.

Might pay again at some point for the HL 2 remix as that will no doubt hit hard.

Hopefully they'll add RTX HDR support in the future too.

Back
Top Bottom