• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce now ultimate - most impressive!

they have a datacenter in each major city across the globe for example theirs 4 nodes in london

close nodes 4 in london 4 in paris
right so that definitely helps, people would be well advised to do some latency test imho before signing up bandwidth is only 1 part of the puzzle you can't use it in isolation to gauge any measure in quality

It works incredibly but a lot of games I want to play aren't in the library, so I still ended up building a PC, it's even better now it has a lot of game pass games.

scenario four
You play competitive fps or fighting games.
you get smashed about the house and lose most games you play due to increased latency :p

Haha out of interest does anyone here use GeForce Now to play on Call of Duty/Warzone online? Im interested to hear some feedback about it?

Im currently toying with the thought of treating myself to a high end gaming laptop to enjoy the odd game of warzone/FPS games when I can fit one in. But if the service can offer me a level of experience where I'm not really looking for high end competitive performance (80fps+ region) but just enjoy playing the game, then I might look into this?

Haha out of interest does anyone here use GeForce Now to play on Call of Duty/Warzone online? Im interested to hear some feedback about it?
It's £20* a month and the only way to find out if it's doable on your internet connection is to try it for yourself.

Any end user experience is irrelevant
whether they ran on 1gb Virgin(it's great mate) or a BT internets broadband 1 service(it's rubbish mate).

Nvidia however is that confident of the end users experience-they offer a no quibble *Non Refundable policy.

Last edited:
It's £20* a month and the only way to find out if it's doable on your internet connection is to try it for yourself.

Any end user experience is irrelevant
whether they ran on 1gb Virgin(it's great mate) or a BT internets broadband 1 service(it's rubbish mate).

Nvidia however is that confident of the end users experience-they offer a no quibble *Non Refundable policy.
Yep very true.

Im going to try it out tonight!

Is there a 4090 tier yet? It would be great to smash through cyberpunk and AW2, without the £1500 price tag
The 4080 is the Ultimate tier GPU, what would that make the 4090? Turbo roidhead tier?

They're likely keeping those for cloud AI services, do they offer that? Would be much more profitable than using them for GeForce now. The 4080 apparently hasn't sold particularly well so they likely have no shortage of those.

I genuinely feel like game streaming is the future. I was one who actually enjoyed Stadia, despite having a very good specced pc, the streaming service just felt, convenient.

My daughter also used my PS plus premium account to stream games and has enjoyed that without having a PlayStation. It does really open doors.

Really pleased GeForce Now is performing great, when I purchased a 3080 on release I was given a year for free and it didn’t work brilliantly for me at that time. Maybe I’ll revisit it.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of streaming my experience with the PlayStation, Xbox, Stadia and Switch varieties has been poor.

I then booted up Geforce Now when they released the 4080s and was genuinely impressed. Great picture quality, tiny latency. Anyone on the fence should give it a try, even just for 1 month as a curiousity.

Just make sure to go into the picture settings and bump up the bitrate and resolution as high as you can.

Remember trying this out ages ago and it didn't really impress but it looks like its come on in leaps and bounds since then so maybe worth a revisit

Is there a 4090 tier yet? It would be great to smash through cyberpunk and AW2, without the £1500 price tag
They'll need to upgrade the CPUs too, they are a bigger bottleneck than my 3900X in some games.

Here's a comparison I made of the image quality of GFN Ultimate compared to my RTX 3080 gaming PC in a demanding stress test (a game with lots of vegetation):

Just to note I love GFN and the image quality is much better than other cloud gaming services, but there is still work to do as you can see particularly in the zoomed in shots.

What is GFN?

Can you only play games you own, or do they have a library of games you can play regardless?

What is GFN?

Can you only play games you own, or do they have a library of games you can play regardless?
You link it up to services ( windows / steam / EA etc) then you can play the games you own. Saves are mostly synced using save game synchronisation

You link it up to services ( windows / steam / EA etc) then you can play the games you own. Saves are mostly synced using save game synchronisation
But it doesn't have every game (although the library is growing rapidly with games like Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 added recently) so you need to check whether the games you want to play are on the service.

Well my internet connection is not fast enough and I tend to play moddable single player games. Some of these playthroughs last 100s if not 1000s of hours over many years.

I already need a reasonable PC for work(and other stuff) so I am already going to have to buy a dGPU of some sort anyway and I don't buy expensive dGPUs.

It might work for playing certain tech demo games which only last a few dozen hours(and I can finish in a month), instead of having to splurge on an expensive dGPU for a one off game(especially if everthing else is fine on what I have). So it's a useful option.But as permanent replacement for all games,not that interested since I don't like constant debt/rental models if I can avoid them.

We all know what will happen when they get enough people onto a permanent rental model.....the price will go up massively! :p

Last edited:
Theare no point to GFN unless it's 4K 120hz+ 4090ti level with fps over 120.. and then you have internet latency...

It's a good idea, but unless it's really cheap, it seems a bit pointless.

Ain't no one be signing up to more subscripton services unless they have no other choice!

Last edited:
This doesn't look too bad - 6 month option is £16.67pm so works out at £400 over 2 years so considerably cheaper than paying £1000+ upfront for a 4080.

I might be interested if it moves onto 5080 next year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom