• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce RTX 2060 benchmark appears

bru

bru

Soldato
Nvidia already said it's not an RTX. Only 2070 and up. At least that was my impression.

I didn't think that NVidia have mentioned any of the other cards in the 2000 series other than the three that have been launched. Any links to where it has been said ?

Soldato
Considering how slow the 2070 is at RTX I doubt even Nvidia could keep a straight face on the 2060 and call it an RTX, it likely is at least missing the ray tracing cores, it may still have the AI part but that would increase die size.

Soldato
I didn't think that NVidia have mentioned any of the other cards in the 2000 series other than the three that have been launched. Any links to where it has been said ?

I think I got that info from a video I watched on the launch of the cards.

Might be inaccurate info, but the point is calling it RTX or GTX won't change anything. It won't be a usable feature on the lower end cards due to performance.

bru

bru

Soldato
I think I got that info from a video I watched on the launch of the cards.

Might be inaccurate info, but the point is calling it RTX or GTX won't change anything. It won't be a usable feature on the lower end cards due to performance.

Your probably right and from what we have seen so far RTX features wise I would agree with you, but of course only time will tell.

I would predict that it might do well with DLSS but not really any good with the other RTX effects.

Of course this all depends on if it is a cut down 2070/TU106 chip.

Caporegime
Why? What force is going to compel Nvidia to slash price's? There is no reason at all to expect this in a market run by one company.
Of course, but it's an expectation based on past trends/experience.

Until this gen, a two year old card would have probably have lost anything up to half it's initial value over its lifetime.

Soldato
Considering how slow the 2070 is at RTX I doubt even Nvidia could keep a straight face on the 2060 and call it an RTX, it likely is at least missing the ray tracing cores, it may still have the AI part but that would increase die size.

Oh they could, businesses within the gaming industry have no shame whatsoever. Just look at how EA, Blizzard, Activision & Bestheda operate. Look at NMS, look at Rome:2, look at Star Citizen's business model - they'll say anything and do anything to get your money.

Soldato
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2050.c3342

RTX 2050 is closer to GTX 1060 3GB performance and has 4GB 128 bit GDDR6, 128 tensor cores and 16 RT cores. RTX 2050 Ti probably has GTX 1060 6GB performance.

2019 going to be very interesting with Nvidia's Turing to be the first to have top to bottom GPUs with both tensor and ray tracing. Let wait and see if I am right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom