Geforce RTX 3070 issue ( I think )

Associate
Morning, Hopefully some one can help.

I'm currently running Destiny 2, and have to keep my FPS at 60 and settings quite low, as soon as I alter the fans go mad get loud and sometimes resets my PC, at 60 fps it can run nicely all day.

I noticed this morning going into the icue software some widgets with temp control, and temp 2 on the card went right up to 90 odd while temp one stayed at 60, I couldn't screen grab the 90+ as when I alt tabbed it calms down

Thanks in advance

Not sure how to post screenshot

Does this happen on every game you play?

It could be the fan controller on the card playing up and ramping up the fan speed, when this happens what are the temps of the card?

What's the full specs of the PC? as it could be the PSU if the GPU is drawing too much power.

That screen shot shows the GPU running at 81.66C already, is this it locked at 60 fps\low settings? have you checked to make sure the gpu is not overheating as it could be shutting down the PC due to the heat to protect the card

Edit - just noticed there is 2 sensors, 1 showing as 65.22C and the other at 81.66C

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply @ED-209 , I don't have the time to play many other games, mainly this one but I'm just going to test in diablo right now

Here are the specs

The screenshot is when i upped the FPS by ten only, 2 was nearly 100 while 1 stayed at around 60

Last edited:
Just tried Diablo 4. Anything raised from 120 upwards it starts to go mad

And begrudgingly installed fortnite and goes crackers at 120 OR 240

Have the fans always ramped up like this, or is it something new?

If it is something new, then it sounds like you may have some kind of cooling failure.

I noticed this morning going into the icue software some widgets with temp control, and temp 2 on the card went right up to 90 odd while temp one stayed at 60, I couldn't screen grab the 90+ as when I alt tabbed it calms down
Not necessarily a problem, it depends on what those temps mean.

so looking at the specs its a pre built system.

Is it still under warranty with OCUK? If so I would give them a call and see what they suggest to do

Have the fans always ramped up like this, or is it something new?

If it is something new, then it sounds like you may have some kind of cooling failure.

Not necessarily a problem, it depends on what those temps mean.
No maybe only the past year was running the game nicely at 240fps before that

I have a feeling the second temp is your hotspots. The card should be thermally limited and throttle before it becomes a problem.

I would get hwinfo64 and find out exactly what the temperature sensor is that is giving the high reading. It's a standalone program so no install needed.

Sorry but the description is a little confusing.

Back
Top Bottom