• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Soldato
Please not this month, my burn hole from my constant spending hasn't healed yet.
I know i'll buy it and regret it later....curse my lack of will power!

**** it, OCUK list this thing now so i can buy it....

Soldato
I think more then that. close to £1000 is more like it.

Think it depends on what it is and how it performs. £1000 maybe for a 690 beater (likely to be dual chip again I think - with 6GB), or £500-600 for a single chip card say 30 or so % faster than a 680 and more likely with 3GB than 6 IMO

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone think that there will be different Titan cards at lower price points? That things going to be at least £650-700 I think.

No, there will only be 1 , my logic is... nothing is going to need 6GB of memory but because it's built from the K20 card, often things become cheaper to standardise than remove (even expensive) parts and redevelop the board. other lesser versions would not be viable.

My take on this whole thing is, The Gfx company's will realise there are plenty of people that will pay the money for a top product, and we may see more of this in the future (I do not include blinged up silly priced cards in this :p)

Soldato
I appear to have missed a lot in the month or two I've been away from this section, anyone care to quickly fill me in?

Limited run, with K110 cores (full fat kepler) for K20 that are sub par, card will have 6GB of memory and be released This month apparently ;)

Soldato
ok just reading the video card thread over on hardocp. Some guy put up these specs in the opening post.

384bit,
2688 cuda cores
900+ core clock
6GB memory.

Kyle responded twice in that thread, once to say

"so, less performance than 680 sli for $900

and the in another post he said

"and oh, the op is wrong"

So the price does seem to be $900, but not sure which specs are wrong or they are all wrong. And is he does he know the actual performance??

Caporegime
OP
All I can see wrong with those hardOCP specs is the core clock. It will have to be higher to get near 690 performance and it was never going to be as fast as SLI 680's from early rumours.

85% of a 690 still seems viable and doable.

Soldato
All I can see wrong with those hardOCP specs is the core clock. It will have to be higher to get near 690 performance and it was never going to be as fast as SLI 680's from early rumours.

85% of a 690 still seems viable and doable.

The power use is wrong too. At 900Mhz it will use way more than 235W. Remember it's not only the core clock that has to increase, the memory clock on the K20x only runs at 5Ghz, so it will have to come up to 6Ghz like the 680, well I am presuming it will.

Back
Top Bottom