• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

+£1000 (2way) for +8fps.

+£1400 (3way) for +3fps.

90f118427bc8b3470b18e570ced1fc6c.jpg

Oh well, Andy was on to something after all, wasn't expecting much after the 690 price increase tbph.

Sorry old chum but, they will be glad they didn't buy a ticket.....

45e49b790e03ede2c55e50f4665e6952.jpg

I'm sure you will enjoy your new toys when they arrive anyway, but you are a nutter!:p

Last edited:
I'm out for now, the performance increase is nice but i cant justify paying that much for it. Still want to see how they do under water

Will wait for the dust to settle, find out which partners have unlocked voltage (if any), further overclocking numbers and whether driver maturity has anything to add.

So tempted to drop the money on one for Day-0 good times but it's not worth it over a 680....yet.

I do like that people are now saying that "O wait for the new ati driver's they are going to increase the performance of the card's by a magical extra 20%".

It's not a "magical" driver, from what I understand, it is a driver that has been long rumoured to incorporate significant changes to the memory management, and it has been speculated to provide tangible performance increase.

Again all rumours and no facts - but it has been on the agenda for some time, it is not just something invented in this thread in response to Titan.

I think some people have started early or are very delusional the titan does beat the 7970 by a generation on paper and in real life performance.

Nobody is doubting that it is 20% faster than 7970... just that it is a disappointing leap - it is what it is, still a 6xx series cpu that is 20% faster, generation is meaningless - it offers no new features or new architecture, which is normally what defines a "generation".

I'm also not trying to inflame the thread, at the end of the day people will believe what they want to believe, have their own biased or unbiased opinions, and ultimately buy what they want to buy.

Just stating that people were quick to argue that it wouldn't be only 20% faster, but when the reviews came out everyone suddenly went quiet.

if there was a huge difference at 5760 x 1080 i was possibly prepared to buy two but i'm pretty disappointed tbh, will stick with 670 sli

Back
Top Bottom