• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Say to gibbo, Im taking his from stock and I'm going to rape it, used to work for me and rich :D

would it not be good for ocuk's name to be associated with world records?

Yeah it is very good to be associated with the best scores. That is effectively my job. But we simply don't have the volumes of cards as yet where I can just get one like that. Hands in pockets time.

I just wish AMD wanted to unleash the fury to be honest and leave this in the land of pointless and needless expense.

Nice Moogleys and you didn't even let me do the hard sell :D

I Look forward to a little competition in the bench threads :p

Last time I did some testing my cpu ended up fried. :) I might be best just doing some game testing.

I will only have then both for a while as one will be used in a build I have planned for someone. I really have no use for one let alone two but I couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Well there was always this thing which was repeated on the forums that the 7970 matched the 680 when both were clocked up but I'm not convinced that was the case prior to 12.11. Some of the early benchmarks on the thread certainly backed up they were close but not matched. Granted they were very close but based on the hardware alone, the 7970 should not be aiming to match the 680 it should be surpassing it by the margin it is now. I think that is the point.

Even taking your point as true about June/July (which it isn't) that's still 6 months to get even. This doesn't undermine my point about providing poor performance for the release day price; it strengthens it.

All of which is completely irrelevant to the Titan so I'm not sure why it came up. Please email if you want to debate this further... :)

Sorry for the very late reply, 7970 v 680 both oc'ed results(I didn't cherry pick it, it was posted at the time of release):

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18403773

That was in May mate, the 7970 not the GHz and it also came from Galaxy sponsored [H] so they weren't doing AMD any favours at all.

As you will notice, it didn't gather much attention at the time with only 22 comments. ;)

Personally pricing is scandalous whatever picture is painted with Titan.

I have concerns over my infatuation with PC's and feeling my love for the scene threatened that the enthusiast is now being pushed to elite'ism levels which is very bad for PC gaming for reasons I explained previously.

It's 100% NOT fanboyism in the slightest, as some may know my 7970 OC died and returned to OcUK:

c6c1ee796be63336263d815992aa035b.jpg

I was going to get a Titan, £600 was what I thought it would be and prepared to pay.

Hold My Hands Up Time

I got called away earlier on very sad news(during my nail biting discussion with rusty), which puts all this into perspective.

In hindsight, what with personal life matters and what was brewing today-I have to hold my hands up and realise I vented my frustration on the pricing a bit ott and apologies go out to all for any offence I caused.

By no means was I intentionally trying to take the shine off of anyone's new purchase as it wasn't meant that way.

Again sorry for any offence caused.

Greg, Neil, Paul and Moogleys and whoever else bought into Titan, enjoy your toys when they arrive- life is for living so live it to the best of your ability. :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the very late reply, 7970 v 680 both oc'ed results(I didn't cherry pick it, it was posted at the time of release):

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18403773

That was in May mate, the 7970 not the GHz and it also came from Galaxy sponsored [H] so they weren't doing AMD any favours at all.

As you will notice, it didn't gather much attention at the time with only 22 comments. ;)

Well I was going by user results. We know some sites can be dodgy at times.

Hold My Hands Up Time

I got called away earlier on very sad news(during my nail biting discussion with rusty), which puts all this into perspective.

In hindsight, what with personal life matters and what was brewing today-I have to hold my hands up and realise I vented my frustration on the pricing a bit ott and apologies go out to all for any offence I caused.

By no means was I intentionally trying to take the shine off of anyone's new purchase as it wasn't meant that way.

Again sorry for any offence caused.

Greg, Neil, Paul and Moogleys and whoever else bought into Titan, enjoy your toys when they arrive- life is for living so live it to the best of your ability. :)

Fair play mate - hope all is well.

Last edited:
So guys whats the general consensus on these then?

I haven't had chance to read in-depth reviews yet but going off this video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRloMkcVeus

At 1080p clocked at 1.13 - 1.14ghz it comes out on top in Crysis and Farcray 3, Crysis 3 is obviously well optimized towards sli and battlefield 3 towards amd.

The difference in Farcry 3 for example is 20% over the 680, obviously there is also a £400 difference so I don't really think its justified? I thought the 680 would be able to get more than 56fps especially with AA off?

The card itself however looking at the thread where one has been clocked to 1750mhz is looking great for overclocking if kept cool, so guys who are going to water cool this surly can expect decent gains?

In terms of price would something like the 7970ghz edition be better going for and getting another one later down the line? Or even 2 670's looking at how well the 660ti's perform?

But then if you have the cash would a highly clocked Titan perform better under water?

Thoughts?

It will perform slightly better under water, I'm still getting my head around how these clock with the temp and tdp targets, provided the power usage drops while cold perhaps water will net an extra 15% or more, as I experienced with a 670, power % dropped something like 22% going from air to water.

So if the clocking works as I think it does, you should get gains from water as the cooler more efficient VRM's should give headroom on the tdp?

It will perform slightly better under water, I'm still getting my head around how these clock with the temp and tdp targets, provided the power usage drops while cold perhaps water will net an extra 15% or more, as I experienced with a 670, power % dropped something like 22% going from air to water.

So if the clocking works as I think it does, you should get gains from water as the cooler more efficient VRM's should give headroom on the tdp?

Are you planing on getting any for your new build.

Back
Top Bottom