• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Lol.

What ever happened to your 7950+Accelero Moog?

Still have it and using it now mate...

Really want a Titan but the 690 for £200 less offers better performance. Only thing bugging me with the 690 is the 2gb frame buffer. I can see this being an issue when the new console ports come along.

??

Still have it and using it now mate...

Really want a Titan but the 690 for £200 less offers better performance. Only thing bugging me with the 690 is the 2gb frame buffer. I can see this being an issue when the new console ports come along.

??

Didn't have any takers for it then? I saw it for sale a while back.

They started asking public opinion on block designs, things are starting to move back to the 'old style' of EK blocks :)

I don't think they could pull another 30% from drivers, but then again I don't think anyone saw 12.11 coming so you never know, better yields and higher clocked stock cards is more likely IMO.

Its the ONLY comeback AMD have - their choice. I can't blame them for not wanting to push out some freakishly fast expensive card, they are falling back on the old "we still have the fastest card - 7990" albeit dual chip. Besides the ultra ultra high end, they have just about every price point won in this gen, I suppose they'll be pretty happy with that, especially after the backlash of launch day pricing of the 7000 series.

The thing I love most about Titan is it has set the bar pretty high for the next gen, both HD8970 and GTX780 would really need to be faster then Titan to stand out, which I'd imagine AMD and possibly Nvidia are aiming for.

Yup, It will be interesting what happens next round now, Like you say this may have raised the bar for both of them.

My only hope is that the prices come back down a bit next time(well one can hope)

I would imagine so, I think most are in agreement that the poor yields can be directly related to the high price, a more mainstream chip should have much better yields and thus should be cheaper.

I still expect the top end next gen to be floating around £4-500, which to be fair its been floating around for a long time.

I would imagine so, I think most are in agreement that the poor yields can be directly related to the high price, a more mainstream chip should have much better yields and thus should be cheaper.

I still expect the top end next gen to be floating around £4-500, which to be fair its been floating around for a long time.

Nvidia could be putting spin into the low yields and this is why they have the price so mental. I doubt it, but a possibility.

Picked up a couple of the ASUS boards! Set my delivery date for just after the ETA - if they come into stock before then do you guys think there's much chance of the wonderful chaps at OCUK letting me move my delivery date forward? :D

Nvidia could be putting spin into the low yields and this is why they have the price so mental. I doubt it, but a possibility.

I don't think so!! Nvidia are the ones claiming yields are fine, remember they said it wasn't limited part and before the release of the K20x they said they had no problems with yields.

But, the reality looks a lot different, with Gibbo here and other retailers saying there are really low numbers available.

Oh, Good luck with the new card by the way. Hope it is a beast. Or are you getting two? Can't remember :)

Back
Top Bottom