• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Soldato
I'd love to know how he's managed to construe any kind of AMD bias/fanboyism out of either of the posts you've made. The posts that he's willfully ignored btw...

Would you rather fight 1 nvidia-sized AMD fanboy or 100 AMD-sized nvidia fanboys?

Is that supposed to be clever?

Is this place turning into GD or what?

Grow the **** up people. They're just graphics cards... Jeez. Why are you guys so desperate to defend a brand?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Says the nvidia fanboy?

Christ... It's people like you that turn this place into the argumentative crapfest that it becomes at times.

Nvidia fanboy? So you fell for the bait in my signature then? :D

I have no problem with people calling TITAN expensive. Of course it is, my point was people here are basically name calling the users on here who've purchased them.

Last edited:
Permabanned
No, I paid attention to the crap you keep posting.

Yeah and your input has been fantastic, all you do is jump in and defend 1 person or the other which just makes it worse. I don't know what CAT's problem is, he's went off on a rant about something I wasn't even making a point over. We all know it's expensive but there's no need for people to be sticking snide indirect insults in that are obviously aimed at people who've bought it. Who is anyone on here to label someone crazy or pathetic or whatever other nonsense people have called purchasers of this card?

bru

bru

Soldato
Not really relevant as it counts for everything but ill post it anyway

Nvidia Titan £899 but £180 of that is tax (VAT)

AMD 7970 windforce 3x £399 but £78 of that is tax (VAT)

just two examples but I'm sure you get the idea.

Soldato
No, I paid attention to the crap you keep posting.

He is right though, this board has become incredibly one sided... someone posts up a "what AMD card" thread and gets helpful hints from AMD and Nvidia owners alike, but someone posts up a "what NVidia card" thread and it gets locked after three pages because of bickering from AMD fans who feel the need to jump all over anyone that expresses a preference for NVidia

As Gregster said earlier, some of us get messages from people asking questions about nv cards that they are too scared to ask on the open forum because of what often happens when someone mentions nvidia

Last edited:
Associate
I went to Primark once, and thought 'ooooh I can buy 5 pairs of socks for a quid!' Well, never again. I now look for the best socks I can find. Hence, I bought a Titan. I'm a dairy farmer. Cheap socks are crap in wellies. Actually, they are crap all round. Pulling them on and the elastic bit pulling off... to be fair, there wasn't really any elastic to begin with because they didn't f-ing stay up anyway and just ended up in a crumpled heap in the front of my boots. Even if they did stay up, the polyester crap they were made of made my feet sweat.

Nice, and Funny! :D

Permabanned
He is right though, this board has become incredibly one sided... someone posts up a "what AMD card" thread and gets helpful hints from AMD and Nvidia owners alike, but someone posts up a "what NVidia card" thread and it gets locked after three pages because of bickering from AMD fans who feel the need to jump all over anyone that expresses a preference for NVidia

+1

Soldato

As Gregster said earlier, some of us get messages from people asking questions about nv cards that they are too scared to ask on the open forum because of what often happens when someone mentions nvidia

Well,I generally recommend the GTX660 over the HD7850 unless the HD7850 is much cheaper.

However,sadly OcUK does not have good GTX660 pricing!! :(

Or it could be simply a case some of the Nvidia cards,are not well priced on OcUK,so the recommendations go more towards AMD.

You forget,this is a shop forum,not an open one. People are constrained by what the shop offers and many people are more biased towards what is available for the budget.

If it were so anti-Nvidia,why were people slating AMD excessively for high pricing on this very forum when the HD7900,HD7800 and HD7700 series launched??

Last edited:
Permabanned
Or it could be simply a case some of the Nvidia cards,are not well priced on OcUK,so the recommendations go more towards AMD.

You forget,this is a shop forum,not an open one.

No he means in threads people specifically ask for NVidia cards and people still jump in with statements like "stupid, you're wasting money get a 7950 instead" they don't even read what the OP has asked, they just see Nvidia.

Soldato
No he means in threads people specifically ask for NVidia cards and people still jump in with statements like "stupid, you're wasting money get a 7950 instead" they don't even read what the OP has asked, they just see Nvidia.

I think the bias is made up.

When the HD7000 series launched,people moaned excessively about them,and it got worse just after the GTX600 series launch too.

Now,AMD has dropped prices and introduced freebies,now more people are going towards recommending AMD cards,unless there is a specific feature which Nvidia cards have which the person requires.

In fact many of those very same people,recommending AMD cards,actually have Nvidia cards themselves.

If the AMD cards,suddenly became £50 more expensive,expect Nvidia cards to be the most recommended ones instead.

Permabanned

When the HD7000 series launched,people moaned excessively about them,and it got worse just after the GTX600 series launch too.

Now,AMD has dropped prices and introduced freebies,now more people are going towards recommending AMD cards,unless there is a specific feature which Nvidia cards have which the person requires.

In fact many of those very same people,recommending AMD cards,actually have Nvidia cards themselves.

If the AMD cards,suddenly became £50 more expensive,expect Nvidia cards to be the most recommended ones instead.

It isn't made up at all, plenty of people have noticed it. You've probably just chose to ignore it though.

Also we're not against people recommending AMD cards, it's like I said in threads where the OP clearly says Nvidia only and people still suggest AMD without even taking into account the OP's criteria.

Soldato
It isn't made up at all, plenty of people have noticed it. You've probably just chose to ignore it though.

Also we're not against people recommending AMD cards, it's like I said in threads where the OP clearly says Nvidia only and people still suggest AMD without even taking into account the OP's criteria.

Your pathetic attempt at a personal attack is hilarious and it is childish.

You have been on this forum since October 2012,so you don't even have a clue about what happened around a year ago when AMD launched their cards.

So,yes it is made up bias,since it seems,dependent on what time of the year OcUK is either Nvidia biased,AMD biased,Intel biased,ARM biased,etc.

How about,you actually wait two years and see how this forum see-saws from one apparent "bias" to another.

Instead you around flinging accusations at other people,to deflect attention away from yourself and your own posts.

Last edited:
Permabanned

Your pathetic attempt at a person attack is hilarious.

You have been on this forum since October 2012,so you don't even have a clue about what happened around a year ago when AMD launched their cards.

So,yes it is made up bias,since it seems,dependent on what time of the year OcUK is either Nvidia biased,AMD biased,Intel biased,ARM biased.

How about,you actually wait two years and see how this forum see-saws from one apparent "bias" to another.

Instead you around flinging accusations at other people,to deflect attention away from yourself.

Just shows how silly you are going off the join date, I was a lurker for years before hand. It wasn't a person attack, man up ffs, it's clear you're ignoring the bias when many other people here can clearly notice it.

Soldato

Your pathetic attempt at a person attack is hilarious.

So,yes it is made up bias,since it seems,dependent on what time of the year OcUK is either Nvidia biased,AMD biased,Intel biased,ARM biased.

Instead you around flinging accusations at other people,to deflect attention away from you.

You'll notice how I said "become"... he doesn't need to have been a member for more than a few months to see what has happened around here lately

He hasn't attacked you, I really don't know where you get that from, he's noticed the same thing that I, gregster, rusty et al have noticed

Back
Top Bottom