• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Soldato
No the fact is you went on some major rant twisting what my original point was about people should stop making sly insults towards those who've bought one. You started going on about how expensive it is blah, blah, blah basically everything that's already been brought up 100 times before in this thread. You're the one who got defensive first, I was merely pointing out that it's not right labelling someone just because they've purchased something THEY WANT.

Again,me and Gregster had the conversation dozens of pages ago in this thread. Even he thinks it is expensive but he still wants the card. Really you don't need to come to his aid,as we were even talking in another thread about his user review.

We get on OK on this forum.

Moreover,your post was not about people but the item quality. Not the same.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Again,me and Gregster had the conversation dozens of pages ago in this thread. Even he thinks it is expensive but he still wants the card. Really you don't need to come to his aid,as we were even talking in another thread about his user review.

We get on OK on this forum.

I wasn't coming in to aid Gregg, it means nothing to me if you get along with him alright or not. People shouldn't be insulting others because they've made a purchase that they alone have decided on.

Permabanned
CAT you aren't getting my point at all. I have no problem with people saying they are too expensive as that is a personal opinion it's when they then start putting labels on the people who have purchased them. I haven't seen you do this by the way. This is aimed at others I've seen doing it.

Soldato
I wasn't coming in to aid Gregg, it means nothing to me if you get along with him alright or not. People shouldn't be insulting others because they've made a purchase that they alone have decided on.

Then if that is the case,it means nothing,then why are you defending people who don't want or even need your defence??

I even consider the HD7970X2 and high end HD7970 and GTX680 cards overpriced? You have an issue with that?

The generational performance improvements are slowing down and the cards are getting more expensive now.

Soldato
And regarding the one sidedness on this forum CAT it's not regarding recommendations that anyone has a problem with. People are free to recommend what they like. The problem as put succinctly before me is that an AMD recommend thread comes up: fine and dandy. The same for Nvidia and it just turns ugly because the usual suspects come in with gif images or snide comments because somebody dares to prefer Nvidia or God forbid, wants PhysX.

Obviously this provokes a reaction, it escalates and the thread becomes like my arse after a night out. It bothers me but what can you do without risking suspension yourself? If it's putting people off posting then it's disgraceful.

I'm one of those strange souls who doesn't really prefer either (though would go Nvidia if I had to pick) so I don't understand it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Then if that is the case,it means nothing,then why are you defending people who don't want or even need your defence??

I even consider the HD7970X2 anand high end HD7970 and GTX680 cards overpriced? You have an issue with that?

I'm not defending anyone. I'm simply saying what's the purpose of the ones who come into the thread and say something like "wow people must be so stupid to pay that". They are just poking at the fire trying to get a reaction from people and turn it into another green vs red mess.

Soldato
And regarding the one sidedness on this forum CAT it's not regarding recommendations that anyone has a problem with. People are free to recommend what they like. The problem as put succinctly before me is that an AMD recommend thread comes up: fine and dandy. The same for Nvidia and it just turns ugly because the usual suspects come in with gif images or snide comments because somebody dares to prefer Nvidia or God forbid, want PhysX.

Obviously this provokes a reaction, it escalates and the thread becomes like my arse after a night out. It bothers me but what can you do without risking suspension yourself? If it's putting people off posting then it's disgraceful.

I'm one of those strange souls who doesn't really prefer either (though would go Nvidia if I had to pick) so I don't understand it.

TBH,there should be no one default recommendation though!!

It depends on the user requirements and budget.

Soldato
Don't think I did. I explicitlystated in the mentioned post that people can recommend what they like.

But I thought the whole problem was supposedly because people who liked one brand more than the other,were fighting each other??

When I recommend a graphics card,I ask what the person wants and give them a few choices,preferably from both AMD and Nvidia.

I don't see anything wrong in showing someone an alternative. Recently someone on another forum wanted a HD7850 2GB or HD7870 2GB for a HTPC gaming rig. In the end I suggested a Zotac GTX660 2GB. It was a short PCB card,was quiet and used only one PCI-E power connector.

In fact PCB length is more important for me than outright performance ATM.

Edit!!

Maybe,we need to make a distinction.

There are people who know what they are getting and just want to get a certain company.

There are those who don't know what they are getting, and go with a certain company just because someone said they were better.

In the first example,it would be poor taste to annoy them with other recommendations I suppose,but not in the second case IMHO. In that case,people should be looking at the latest benchmarks,etc to determine the best recommendations for that person,and link the reviews so they can read them and come to a decision.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amd make a lot of sense atm over nvidia at pretty much all price points. This is not pro amd and anti nvidia its just common sense for most people to recommend amd cards even when the op wants nvidia. There's nothing wrong with people explaining why the amd card is a better option especially if the op has been misinformed about amd cards like a lot of people have. This forum was the exact opposite when the 8-9 series nvidia cards were superior. Amd were cheaper and offered decent performance but if you recommended one of there cards it usually ended up in the usual amd v nvidia debate. Nvidia did make more sense back then but still there were occasions where amd cards made sense but for most it had to be an nv card.

Last edited:
Associate
Back on topic... I read on another forum today that if you keep the Titans water cooled, they will self boost >1200MHz! Anyone else hear that or see any non- Kingpin overclocks in that range? I can't wait to start overclocking mine! :D

Associate
Why not just lock it anyway, Thundy, and start a new "***Official Titan Owners Thread****". I'm so sick of having to wade through hundreds of whining posts about how it's overpriced etc. etc. This thread went to hell from day 1. We just need a nice, clean thread with benchmark results and good quality discussion from people who actually own or want to own one.

Associate
Here is the first (as I can see it), benchmark comparing CUDA performance within VRay RT using GPU-enhancement: VERY promising!

I have compared an EVGA GTX 680 4gb Classified, overclocked with a slightly overclocked EVGA GTX Titan Superclocked. I used the test file referred to in this thread and ran the latest RT. Here are the results, at 1920x1152 sized image:
680 OpenCL = 1m 48.3s
680 CUDA = 0m 44.1s

Titan OpenCL = 1m 42.7s
Titan CUDA = 0m 29.9s

I am not an expert VRay user, by any means. I have appreciated all the help I have received in this forum, so I wanted to share my interesting results!
Also - the 680 GTX was tweaked for max performance, the Titan is not.

Notice that OpenCL is totally broken with the current drivers, so ignore that result. But that time saving is HUGE. Very significant. This is what we were hoping for!

EDIT: That was from a chap called Brian on the VRay forums, so not publicly accessible unless you own Vray.

Back
Top Bottom