• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Soldato
Hehe, I have not bought a AMD card for around 15 years and it will be another 15 years before i buy another one.:)

The ways of the dark side do not show their inner workings. Beware the dark side!! Beware.....!!

I am starting to wonder where NVidia got their naming scheme from

Am I right in thinking Titan had an agent called X20.:D

Looking at Tegra,it would not surprise me!! :p

Will they have a Geforce Destiny too?? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't have crysis 3 :( I have been too slow in the MM to get one but will buy it later and install it tonight on my pathetic 500K download speed :(

Go for it :) It's a good game, I thought better gameplay than the other 2 and it certainly does give the PC a workout.

Talking of game coupons, does anyone have a clue what the Nvidia offer is ? looks to me it's vouchers for free to play games :confused:

Caporegime
OP
Go for it :) It's a good game, I thought better gameplay than the other 2 and it certainly does give the PC a workout.

Talking of game coupons, does anyone have a clue what the Nvidia offer is ? looks to me it's vouchers for free to play games :confused:

£100 worth of vouchers (which seem to sell well on fleabay) and AC3.

Soldato
It still smashes it in maximum fps, Dont forget to include Metro2033 where the performance on Titan is an embarrassment.

I have a 690 and there is no way i would swap it for a Titan even if the price was £700 for the Titan.:)

Ah, that explains where you are coming from, don't worry, no one is suggesting you made a bad choice buying 690... Titan is not really aimed at the same type of user... don't forget that a 690 is a dual GPU solution... two 690's would be a 4 GPU solution (maximum SLI supports)

a Titan is primarily for;
don't like SLI so wouldn't buy a 690 whatever may be
people who see that sometimes scaling beyond 2 GPU SLI is poor
small form factor cases that can't fit a bigger card like a 690
people who want more performance that 2 690's could possibly offer (3-way and 4-way Titan SLI)
people who want more than 2GB of VRAM (which is what the 690 is limited to no matter how many of them you have)

in each of these cases, the Titan can offer something that a 690 (or two) can't... no one has been suggesting that a Titan is outright better than a 690, however, 2 Titan's might be better than 2 690's, or a single Titan might be the only option (to avoid SLI altogether or physically fit the card in the case)

I understand you wanting to do some post rationalistion on your purchase decision, but maximum frame rates are the least important - avg and min are far more indicative of actual gameplay, dips to 10FPS will be more noticeable and more jarring than say dips to 30FPS, when you compare the graphs on this basis the Titan compares quite well

for single monitor gaming, the 690 is the better price/performance contender, absolutely, but then 670 SLI would be similar performance and cheaper again (or 7950 crossfire if you were that way inclined)

even if you only compare maximum frame rates, I would hardly call a difference of say 120 to 140 FPS "smashing it"

you are being extremely selective in your reading of the data in order to make a claim that one of these cards "smashes" the other... in some cases one is faster, some the other, and in some they are around the same... for it to be a "smash" then one would need to beat every metric consistently, imo

but as I say, no one has claimed that 1 Titan will outright beat 1 690... but the Titan has the capability to be SLI'd further or used in situations where a 690 would be unsuitable, which is the market it's aimed at

Yes but what do the vouchers actually do ?....can you buy a share of a real life tank or something :D

they give you ingame money to buy a digital tank (or guns or stompy robots)... though I'll be selling mine if they turn up

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Yes but what do the vouchers actually do ?....can you buy a share of a real life tank or something :D

Those free to play games like Hawken/Planetside 2 are free to play but you can purchase game enhancements like guns/armour and these are what people buy (apparently) I have only ever played a free to play golf game and to level up to be able to hit it further, you needed to spend money on clubs and enhancements.

Soldato
they give you ingame money to buy a digital tank (or guns or stompy robots)... though I'll be selling mine if they turn up

Ah, ok, that makes sense, FTP game but you buy your kit with virtual money that you presumably buy with real dosh :), cheers, hope we do get vouchers to sell on ;)

Soldato
Yes,a slightly used sprocket from an old Chieftain MBT.
Dangerous when in the right hands!!

:D

Those free to play games like Hawken/Planetside 2 are free to play but you can purchase game enhancements like guns/armour and these are what people buy (apparently) I have only ever played a free to play golf game and to level up to be able to hit it further, you needed to spend money on clubs and enhancements.

I knew really, I was just testing :p :D

Soldato
I went to Primark once, and thought 'ooooh I can buy 5 pairs of socks for a quid!' Well, never again. I now look for the best socks I can find. Hence, I bought a Titan. I'm a dairy farmer. Cheap socks are crap in wellies. Actually, they are crap all round. Pulling them on and the elastic bit pulling off... to be fair, there wasn't really any elastic to begin with because they didn't f-ing stay up anyway and just ended up in a crumpled heap in the front of my boots. Even if they did stay up, the polyester crap they were made of made my feet sweat.

Hahaha

Think these Primark and Lidl's analogies must stop :D..

There's all kinds of cards for every type of user and budget..

'Horses for courses'

Back
Top Bottom